HHO System Photos - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > Hemi Photos

Old 10-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #1

HHO components for HEMI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m_025.jpg (186.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg m_024.jpg (213.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg m_031.jpg (195.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg m_023.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)

hrlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #2

HHO components for HEMI
Old 10-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #3

Let me play devils advocate and ask would this device make hydrogen to make a noticeable difference? Cool though
bigkumadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 AM   #4

If I understand your question correctly; youre asking if the device will make ENOUGH hydrogen to make a noticeable difference?

The answer is Yes, this size and type of system (cylinder electrodes) that you see here produces about 1 litre of hydrogen per minute. That is what has been required to make a 4 cylinder engine attain about 50-60 mpg.

For larger engines the cell or cell(s) would have to be larger. I will probably be connecting two or possibly three of these size cells in parallel to get a 5.7L Hemi engine to 40 MPG. (city).

I know of a Dodge Durango with the 5.9L engine with a HHO System installed that is producing about 2 litres prer minute and he is getting 29 MPG using 87 octane fuel.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #5

Very interesting will there need to be any additional tuning as in timing or AFR adjustments? When will you have a working 5.7L system for real world measurements?
bigkumadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #6

No additional tuning of the engine is required. There is however some electronic functions of the emissions systems that have to be 'tricked' by computor manipulation but that has already been figured out.

The basic fossil fuel engine (as you may already know) is very inefficient. Proper burning of the fuel is the problem. The A/F mixture as read by the computor only allows for more inefficiencies to occur. When you add HHO to the system, the oxy sensor will believe there is less air (oxygen) because of all the hydrogen in the mixture. It will therefor add MORE fuel and really richen the mixture to a point that your free-flowing fuel. An EFIE device which is part of the electronics of the PWM allows a signal to be given to the oxy sensor to 'trick' it into believing that the A/F mixture is correct and does not allow the added fuel to the mixture. It will actually make your engine run leaner, cleaner and the only by-product of the hydrogen after it burns and mixes with air again is..... water vapor....

My first cell is ready for testing. I have to get the electronics together and get the system installed into my truck and try it out. I am just testing it with 1 cell to see what happens. Once producing some test results I will know where to go from there.

I still need some info from a Dodge Techy... know of one?