*UPDATE W/PICS* Just bought 22 night runner need advice on 2/4 drop... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #1

*UPDATE W/PICS* Just bought 22 night runner need advice on 2/4 drop...

I own '04 QC 2WD HemiSport. Just became the proud owner of some 22" night runner wheels and now looking to drop the truck. I'm leaning towards either McGaughy's or Belltech.

First question...is there a big difference in ride quality between the McGaughy's Deluxe and Economy kit?

Second question...any pros or cons between these products? I know the Belltech comes with shocks and McGaughy's doesn't.

Third question...if I was to go with McGuaghy's what would be the best set of shocks for the kit.

Thanks in advance. I'll post up some pics once I get back from my deployment and get the stuff on.

SPDFRKABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #2

No help on the questions. But those will look SWEET!!! Hope you get back and get them on soon.
zwa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #3

Quote:
quote:First question...is there a big difference in ride quality between the McGaughy's Deluxe and Economy kit?
*Deluxe Kit, you retain YOUR coils, and install a drop spindle. Better for not hitting bump stops. The rear set up is the same.

Second question...any pros or cons between these products? I know the Belltech comes with shocks and McGaughy's doesn't.
*McGaughy's comes with shock extensions. so you do not "have" to replace your shocks, keeping cost down. Most folks do the McGaugh's for just lowering. Some do the Hotchkis full suspension, and very few (that i know of) do the belltech lowering kit.

Third question...if I was to go with McGuaghy's what would be the best set of shocks for the kit.
*Not required to get new shocks if using the shock extensions, but some use the Nitro I shocks, and like them. I will stick with my IAS Edlelbrock.

Thanks in advance. I'll post up some pics once I get back from my deployment and get the stuff on.
Anytime, and thank you for your service!
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #4

I have not owned either kit(I have had another brand on for 4 years now),but,I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.#1-ride quality between economy+deluxe.I would say deluxe would ride as smooth as stock while economy would handle a little better cornering wise.If your doing the install yourself-coils are a much easier install.#2-shocks/no shocks.Mcgaughy's has shock extensions so you can use the stock shocks and save a few bucks.Belltech's kit I believe has there Nitro line of shocks which I understand are really good riding/handling shocks.Which helps answer #3-Belltech's Nitro or Nitro-2's are supposed to be excellent for the 2/4 drops. I would say-if you have the money,get the 2/4 McGaughy's deluxe and get the Belltech Nitro 2's(the shocks are $45-$50 each the last I checked).Hope this helps.
kc1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #5

Those wheels are look killer! I would email Brian @ www.slammed1.com for your drop needs.
RaiderJay6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #6

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, from the research prior to this post I've been hearing it's advisable to switch the stock shocks when upgrading to McGuaghy's. Looks like the deluxe kit is the route so far.

Closest installer carries the Belltech line which is why I asked about those. Maybe get a better deal buying and installing from them. Not doing it myself since I'm only home for about two weeks then I'm back over to this hell hole.

I'll also post up pics of the Webasto panoramic install in a seperate thread. Getting them both done at the same time. Expect pics in about two months. Thanks again.
SPDFRKABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #7

I run the Mcgaughy 2/4 drop with springs and spindles, at first I was getting serious bottoming out action with the stock shocks.

I finally ended up getting some Belltech Nitro 2 Drop shocks, and some Energy Suspension Bumpstops and I tell you honestly I barely bottom out. Next on the list will be rear air assist bags..

Here is my truck with 2/4 and HemiGTX with the 2/4
RamAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #8

nice i kinda wish i wouldve got a black truck those night runner 22's look awesome and with a proper drop

05 Hemi mineral gray QC/SB Laramie/Edelbrock(T.E.S)mid-length headers with Stage 8 locking bolts and Mopar header gaskets/Mopar CAI/Superchips Flaspaq/Aeroturbine 3030 muffler and 3040 exhaust tip/limited slip anti-spin rear with 3.92s/20inch stock chrome clad rims and tires/Moes traction bars/Hellwig rear swaybar/SRT-10 A-pillar gauge pod/Hemi Sport body kit with bolt on hood scoop and Daytona dual exhaust sill cut out/Hemi bedliner and coming soon SRT-10 22's ,SRT-10 hood and carbon fiber taillights
Silveradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #9

1st off truck looks clean man loving that drop 2nd thing.......where in the hell did you find those night runner 22's?....those things are like gold not even the dealerships have them
dajuice730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #10

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dajuice730:
1st off truck looks clean man loving that drop 2nd thing.......where in the hell did you find those night runner 22's?....those things are like gold not even the dealerships have them
Ebay has them.
RaiderJay6 is offline   Reply With Quote