power steering problems - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 01-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #1

power steering problems

anyone out there have any problems with their power steering box. mine started leaking and I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to stop it. It's an '03 1500 QC. only leaks sometimes and I can't catch it when it is fresh.

gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #2
Officer Hemi

power steering problems

Check under maintenance issues. I, as well as a couple other members have had this problem. A couple folks power steering completely went out on them, mine turned out to be a "faulty" clamp on the return line. I noticed it when changing the oil, there was some oil dripping from the bottom of the pump onto my steering damper. Check there and see what you find. Try turning your wheel one way, check it. Then turn it the other way and check it.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #3

power steering problems

Well I am having problems with my steering but I think it has to do with a little of the picks in my dtw gallery. But when I brought it in they said it is because of my oversized tires. Thats funny I never had problems with those tires for the last 4000 miles. Mine is pulling , hard to steer, and it doesn't return on center after a turn. The 04 manual says its either low pump pressure are the worm gear. but all the dealership says is that my (33 12.50's) are the reason. Please tell me a 2500 HD cane handle a 1.5" bigger tire
hemiblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 AM   #4
RAMpantHemi

power steering problems

I just had to bring my 04 in to get the front steering rack replaced. Apparently they've been having problems with the boots on the ends leaking the oil out of the rack in colder climates. They pointed it out to me and changed it no problem, just took like 4 days to find someone who could align 20's