lowering kits for a 2012? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #1

as I said in another post I think Im gonna pull the trigger on another truck. Will the lowering kits for a 2010 or 11 not work with a 2012? Its a regular cab 2wd. I would appreciate any info before I buy the truck

jim guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #2

can not confirm it but from everything I read the 2012 didn't really change that much from the 2011s. that being said there is a good change the parts will fit.
2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / Night Runner 22"s / Auburn limited slip / 2-4 Drop/ Edelbrock mid-length headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Racing Underdrive / Trango Shift kit / Edge Racing TC / Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock / EVS II with Sentry key and remote start / Alpine, Orion, and Kicker custom stereo / SilverStar headlights and foglights / Optima Yellow Top / AEM Wideband in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner

Bill_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
Mr. Freeze

Garage
Yep it will fit

VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #4

Im getting ready to order the springs.can anyone give me instructions or tips on how to install? Im tryin to decide on doing it myself or having it done

Old 11-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
Mr. Freeze

Garage
Follow the below instructions at your own risk

Front springs
Takes about 30 mins. each side in the driveway. Use jackstands after raising front wheels and remove them. Disconnect torsion bar to lower A frame link. Remove shock. Put jack under A frame and take some weight off of it. Loosen lower ball joint nut to the top but don't remove yet. Nut is left there incase you miss doing the hammer thing. Smack spindle at ball joint to unset it. remove nut now. Jack it up to clear ball joint stud. slide spindle, rotor, & caliper assy out of the way & tie it off. Lower jack all the way. Use large pry bar to pop bottom of spring out of seat. It will pop out with a little force so be careful.

Make sure upper spring rubber is inside frane or put it on top of spring before you set it in place. No bar needed to install spring as it is shorter. Reverse above instructions. Make sure all bolts are tight. Done

Rear Springs
Jack & support truck with wheels about 4" off the ground. Put jack under the rear pumkin and raise about an inch. Remove lower shock nut. lower jack, & spring will fall out. No pressure like the front. Look for upper spring rubber again & install spring & shock nut. Tighten & done.

I take no responsibility for any actions if you screw up. There I had to add that.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #6

Thank you! I can do that myself

Old 11-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Mr. Freeze

Garage
I neglected to add to above that I supervised my 13 yr old son while he did mine all except the hammering. That I did myself.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #8

is that a 2-4 drop on yours?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Mr. Freeze

Garage
It's 2" w/Belltech springs in the front and about 3 to 3 1/2" in the rear.

What you can't see in the pic is my electric wheelchair lift in the receiver of the trailer hitch.

I have straight air bags in the rear instead of coils so I can adjust to level it with whatever I'm carrying.

The pic is on 20" rubber.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #10

well I ordered my springs. I called Duane at 3rd strike and tried to order belltech, but there on back order. So he ordered me a set of mcgaughys or how ever you spell it. He called me back to inform me they wont drop ship to customers. So to save me from paying shipping twice he offered to bring them to me! Thats what I call customer service! Duane you have a customer for life.

« tire rubbin | Pics? »