Hemi Truck Club banner

K&N

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  racer20 
#1 ·
i was going to go with the K&N because it looks better, it has less tubing which i think will have less air restrictions than the Air Ram or any other for that matter. anyone have a K&N 77-1533 installed?

Rusty

#2 ·
I have one but have yet to install. I
know the IAT sensor is a bi&%@ to get
into the grommet. If you have a 04 Ram
the L bracket that attaches to a radiator
shroud bolt will not work. The windshield
washer tank is different than the 03. Make
sure you ask for L bracket #070002A if you
have a 04 model. The rear shield bracket
was no were near to lining up with the hole
on the shield. You have to lift the shield
up over an inch to line it up. This causes
the rubber foot on the rear support leg to
be raised. It does not even rest on the fender.
I agree with your assesment though. It is a
shorter tube that starts of at 4" and the tappers down to 3". I not all sure how much difference in power gain their would be between this system or a Airaid tube and a panel K&N filter.

#3 ·
quote:Originally posted by HemiSteeler67:
i was going to go with the K&N because it looks better, it has less tubing which i think will have less air restrictions than the Air Ram or any other for that matter. anyone have a K&N 77-1533 installed?

Rusty
Oh yeh! I love it! But I think I like the looks of the Brute force that tat2hemi just installed on his.

Here is a pic of mine!

Then here is a pic of tat2hemi's brute force.

[/color][/b]

#6 ·
I only see 2 pics and 2 red X's, plus a red X for your avatar???

#9 ·
Your Avatar is jsut a big circle with an "/"... Money get your act together

#10 ·
GO AWAY! before I have to drive uo to yoru new 4 car garage and wait for your super charger to be delivered, lol

The site that was hosting my pics is down! And they show up fine for me, so it must be your problems, LOL[

#13 ·
Money,

yours looks like the Gen II which is 57-1533.

i was looking to install the 77-1533KP which has a silver tube.

Rusty

#14 ·
Money,

here is a pic of the 77-1533KP

Rusty

#15 ·
yeh, it didn't have the same HP numbers. If you want the polished aluminum tube, check out the AEM Brute Force, the dyno numbers are about the same as the aFe, and it looks very sharp under the hood.

#16 ·
Jason, All,

i just intalled my 77-1533kp. it is loud and sounds like it could inhale a bowling ball. it took a little while to install and i did not like the way the air sensor goes installs. i like the look under the hood and the response i get on the throttle. it makes me happy.

i will take pics and post.

Question:
while i was installing i opened the throttle to look in and i had "dried" oil residue coating the inside my throttle body. is there a safe wafe to clean it? does this indicate a problem of oil carrying thru the vent line?

Rusty

#17 ·
Sory for the delayed response just got back from a mission in Africa. Oil residue in the throttle body... yea I've seen that before but on my old truck. I just took a clean rag and wiped it down good. I also got a little breather filter oil vent line and never had a problem again.

#19 ·
is there a filter you can install on the crankcase vent line that goes into the CAI?

AVS,
soap and water huh ok i will do that.

Jason here is a pic

#20 ·
Not sure on the crank case filter I'll have to wait till I get home to look at it.

Nice pic that looks pretty good. The only thing I would change about it is by opening the side facing the front to get the freash air while going down the road. Is the box butted right next to the fender or is there still a gap?

#21 ·
there is a gap but good idea about opening the front.

i was thinking of running a tube up to th front somehow.

#22 ·
Double post, sorry.
Well, I've got the 57-1533 on I bought from 04Hemibeast. First let me say that if you ever buy anything from him and he says it's like new, He's NOT kidding. He even went to the trouble to pack it in the box at least as good as the factory, if not better. Thanks.
As for the sound, I only notice it under hard acceleration and I love it. I already took it on a 50 mile round trip I use to measure changes, reset the overhead computer and got 2.6 more MPG. BTW, I did NOT disconnect the battery at anytime during the install. Power seems a little better at low end and a WHOLE lot better mid and top. Really noticed a difference when kicking down a gear to pass. One more happy K&N camper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.