Hemi Truck Club banner

highway MPG after lowering

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TheBoss 
#1 ·
I know you are not going to be doing anything to the engine but, had anyone noticed any highway MPG's gained???

#6 ·
I used Belltech lowering shackles in the rear with their swaybar and I've noticed no change in MPG.

#7 ·
I thought that by lowering it you would decrease the wind resistance and therefore increase your Highway MPG's at least. If that is the case, I might not do the 2/4 drop that I was planning on. That was the #1 reason for me to lower my truck.

#8 ·
I lowered mine 2/5 it helped a few mpg.s but my biggest gain was changein the camshaft it lowered my RPMs at cruisein speeds and now I get 19.2 on the Highway, but with my lead foot still get 11 around town. Ha Ha Ha

#9 ·
How did it lower your cruising speed???? I have decided to go ahead a drop it. 2/4 kit from DJM with Toxic shocks.

#10 ·
I did not gain any mpg from lowering...but I am in a 4x4 quad cab

#11 ·
Lowering the truck won't decrease the frontal area the winds hits on the truck. The only factor that I could see as an advantage on the highway is less wind under the truck, possibly making it more stable with less lift. It's possible, but how noticeable, I dunno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.