Burning smell? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 04-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #1

Burning smell?

maybe this is a stupid ?,but I have changed a lot of brakes and this has NEVER happened. I turned my rotors and put on a set of the hawk performance pads. While doing the break-in procedure they recommend I noticed a very strong burning smell coming from the brakes. Any one else have this happen?, is it something I should worry about? Too soon to tell but my initial feeling is the pads help.

jlhram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Burning smell?

ohhhh...never liked anything that had to do with breaks smelling.. Be sure to let us know if you figure out what it is...
BTW...Hi Jim!
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Burning smell?

I put new hawk pads on my wifes Expedition but I didn't smell anything after I did the break-in. Did the rotors have any lubricant left on them that could cause the burning smell? Have you noticed it since the inital break-in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #4

Burning smell?

Thanks for the reply guys, Brakes seem to be fine, work great and I haven't noticed the burnt smell from before. Who knows. I'll keep an eye on them and let you know. Was just wondering if it was normal for break in, they do call it burnishing the brakes.
BTW...What's up Rancher
jlhram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #5

Burning smell?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by *Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*:
Did the rotors have any lubricant left on them that could cause the burning smell?
that's kinda what i was wondering. some new rotors are shipped with a lube on them that needs to be wiped off. but if they were turned......

BTW..hey, jim. should have my programmer by June. and i got traction now. you're going down! sorry...Rancher's not sure if he's going so i gotta talk trash to somebody
SLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote