Bigwood and his natural instinct.... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 03-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #1

Bigwood and his natural instinct....

Oops I did it again! Last friday I am rolling home from a hard days toil.As the road I am on nears my home it goes from four lane to two just about 400 yards past an intersection and stoplight.I usually win the "race" up the hill towards the merge as I put the daily commuters in the rear view.As I was rolling to a stop at the light a little fartmobile with a ditzy blonde driving comes flying past me in the turn only lane to the right and cuts in front of me at the red light forcing me onto the brakes.GRRRR!!I thought she was turning so I did not speed up to block a possible lane change." Well piss...at least she is in a hurry and will zip up the hill", I thought.A plumbers truck laden with tools had gotten the other lead spot at the line and was sure to be passed quickly by me and this ballsy little bitch.The light changed to green and she eased away,not in a hurry at all now and keeping perfect pace beside the damned work truck.The ****ing Blue Angels don't stay as close and locked onto each other as that little ditz did with the other truck.A perfect display of "formation driving".I eased up on her and flashed the double quick high beams in the late afternoon sun and SHE ****ING SLOWS DOWN WHILE GIVING ME THE FINGER!!!There she is with her little nostrils flaring and eyeballs looking at me in her mirror after cutting me off.We all were doing less than 60 mph as we neared the merge point and she decided she had hung me out to dry so she kicked it and went ahead of the other truck...still staring at me in the mirror.Oh my friends...She had seriously underestimated the power of a pissed off HEMI pilot to reel her *** in like a trout.I stood on it and went zipping by her with about 150 feet to the point of no return.She actually started to come back over in my lane as I did this to block me but thought better of it when she realized that she may not come out on top in a fender to fender duel.So there I am, laughing my *** off at her with her scrunched up pissed off little face in my rear view as I topped the hill at 85+ mph. I stopped laughing when I saw the State Trooper three cars deep in a line of about nine in the oncoming traffic.He was not laughing either.I saw the nose of his car drop about five inches and saw him trying to get a look at me as I passed by him without turning my head while looking out the side of my shades as if I didn't notice him.As I crested the hill I saw him hit the blues as he desperately tried to get traffic behind him to stop so he could do the "Gotchyerass U-turn". Math time in Bigwoods world.No cars in front of me for about a quarter mile but still with slow cars ahead visible,and two miles until the next big intersection, it did not look like a good day for our hero.The sun was blindingly bright and to my immediate right just over the tops of the trees. A few hundred yards ahead a new subdivision under construction stood like a dessert oasis."Come to me my son...Sanctuary awaits..." it called to me, and I nailed the brakes, made that right and got back on the gas straight into that brilliant orb of salvation hanging there on the horizon as I drove past several parked work vehicles .A bandit hiding in the sun.I made the first right off the main street and cooled the jets,stopped, jumped out and ran a few steps to look back down the main road toward the highway.There he was, illuminated by my friend Sol, flashing his blue strobes and doing a solid hundred mph as he roared past the subdivision siren blaring toward what he surely thought would be an easy ticket.I sat on the tailgate of my truck and puffed on my pipe for about twenty minutes until I was sure he was out of the area.I climbed back in the HEMI and eased home by way of other roads.Now I know that we have some good officers in here with our group and I consider them to be my friends.I do not advocate running from a pursuing officer.It almost always ends badly for the pursu-ee.So...here is my question.Does it count as evading if the officer never gets behind you with his blues on?I have to go with no on this one.Had he turned and been going my same direction before I crested the hill I would have stopped bigger than hell. Anyway...again I have used my HEMI powers unwisely, and for that I am sorry but smiling.As a side note, for the last five days at that time of day there have been at least two units running radar at both ends of that stretch of road...no doubt searching for that damned bastard that got away in that *** hauling truck.Thank you God for creating the light...I saw it and it was good!!
Legal disclaimer:MrBigwood is a rarity and imitation may result in serious bodily injury or death as well as highly pissed off authorities and hefty fines!

MrBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

The story that you have weaved is very well done. 1st) She needed to see the power of the Hemi in two ways, speed and the ability to evade potential embarassment. 2nd) Well, he did have his lights on and although he never got behind you, he had flipped a bitch to "get you." (and not her) 3) Well if he was realy pissed I guess he could have stopped her. Mr Bigwood, I would not condone this action too often, however I hope that lesson holds ya back a little while from doing such damage in the future. BTW, my wife saw your post and said DAMN that isa lot of writing, what is that about. I read it to her, after reading it myself. Man, that is just a hell of a story....
Old 04-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #3

Mr BW - Are you sure he was after you, or had he received a radio call for some catastrophic accident further down the road? Or was there a shooting or bank robbery? My point is, there's no way of telling unless he had actually attempted to pull you over (i.e. pulling in behind you with the blues, talking over the loudspeaker, siren, hand gestures, etc.)
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage

As always MBW, well done... a great story!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bones:
Mr BW - Are you sure he was after you, or had he received a radio call for some catastrophic accident further down the road? Or was there a shooting or bank robbery? My point is, there's no way of telling unless he had actually attempted to pull you over (i.e. pulling in behind you with the blues, talking over the loudspeaker, siren, hand gestures, etc.)
My eyes hurt after reading that but a good story none the less ..Bones I've had exactly what you said a officer coming up behind me after doing some performing.. he was just smoking.. I pulled over thinking I aww F%#K and he blew right on by..it took a while but my heart started beating normal shorty there after
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #6

He was no doubt looking right at me as he was on his brakes.He had that "I ain't happy at all with you boy...." expression with his head turned 90 degrees toward me.Unless he just happened to get a major muscle spasm as he passed I have no doubt his attention was on that big old HEMI topping that hill.I know he wanted to spin it around on a dime right then but he had to go all the way to the intersection to get her turned around unless he wanted to jump a curb divider.Like I said...it doesn't count until he is behind me traveling my way...that and the fact that you have to see me to catch me.
MrBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #7

One great Escape!!!! At least the blond didn't get the last laugh and hopefully learned not to mess with law abiding hemi owners.

I've got a radar detector on at all times these days. Note full proof, but it helps!
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #8

Great E&E, MBW. That blonde is probably employed by Johnny Law to provoke excessive speeds in other motorists at the most inopportune moment along that stretch of road. She must be punished, rodeo-style.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #9
O.H.

Boy, did that story bring me back to the pre-LEO days! I did that a couple times in my late teens, what a rush though!

As far as tickets are concerned, by your own admission, you were "attempting to elude", which is what the ticket would be for here in Vermont. Technically, he does not have to be behind you to give you the ticket. All he has to state, is he saw you going the opposite way at a high rate of speed, possible caught you on radar, and found you hiding somewhere off the beaten path. In court, they'll take his side, and you'd probably get the ticket, along with the nice speeding one in addition to it.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage

Same thing in Texas....if they catch ya! There is nothing like a good chase though to get your blood pumping. After a chase the other day, for a stupid traffic violation, the officers thought there had to be more to it with him running like he did. He was taken into custody rather roughly...rough enough he wet his pants...and did have a few bumps and bruises..resisting you know. Such a dumb a$$... for traffic.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote