Airbags for Lifted half ton - Hemi Truck Club
 
Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redtruck-VA
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 7
Airbags for Lifted half ton

Is there an airbag kit out there for a lifted 03 1500 or would I have to get custom blocks made for a standard height kit? Can't seem to find much.

Sn4tchBandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2020, 04:59 AM   #2
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD
 
Mrs.Studmuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denison, TX
Posts: 10,507
__________________
.
Not everyone can be queen.....there has to be someone standing on the curb to wave as I go by.
.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #3
John
 
SUPER BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Meridian
Posts: 3,888
Garage
__________________

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-05-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Gold-Member
 
kcd1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Brandon, FL
Posts: 4,148
Garage
to HTC!
__________________
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.





kcd1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:57 AM   #5
Greg
 
Redtruck-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,825
Garage
I'm not into lifted trucks, but the build would be similar to a coilover build. A four link setup for the rear to position the axle. Higher the lift, the longer the travel. The front would be tricky as custom control arms would most likely be needed to get the lift and still maintain some geometry. Maybe think pre-runner long travel style. Also need to select a bag you can work with that you can get the lift you want. Then there's the limited lift of a bag and determing were it's sweet spot will be. Bags wouldn't be my choice for suspension lift. Talk to some builders who work with bags and see what they have to say... good luck..
kcd1369 likes this.
__________________
2003 RCSB, 2wd, "Pro-Street"
6.4L/cog driven V7-Ysi/46rh trans/HTH Truckarm coilover suspension. HP Tuning...

1956 Jeep Willys Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
I'm not into lifted trucks, but the build would be similar to a coilover build. A four link setup for the rear to position the axle. Higher the lift, the longer the travel. The front would be tricky as custom control arms would most likely be needed to get the lift and still maintain some geometry. Maybe think pre-runner long travel style. Also need to select a bag you can work with that you can get the lift you want. Then there's the limited lift of a bag and determing were it's sweet spot will be. Bags wouldn't be my choice for suspension lift. Talk to some builders who work with bags and see what they have to say... good luck..
No no, I'm not trying to use the bags as the lift lol. I have a lifted truck I want airbags for for my camper lol
Sn4tchBandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #7
Greg
 
Redtruck-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,825
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn4tchBandicoot View Post
No no, I'm not trying to use the bags as the lift lol. I have a lifted truck I want airbags for for my camper lol
There is a ton of overload/helperbags available.
https://www.google.com/search?source...ile-gws-wiz-hp
__________________
2003 RCSB, 2wd, "Pro-Street"
6.4L/cog driven V7-Ysi/46rh trans/HTH Truckarm coilover suspension. HP Tuning...

1956 Jeep Willys Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
There is a ton of overload/helperbags available.
https://www.google.com/search?source...ile-gws-wiz-hp
I did the google thing, wasn't sure if I was missing something or they don't exist that are a direct fit without needing $150 bag spacer.
Sn4tchBandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
n2 Speed Edge InTune Edge OCPerformance Parts

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.