2500 shake - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Suspension, sway bars, lowering and lift

Old 04-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #1

2500 shake

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racer20:
Quote:
quote:I'm under the impression that the live solid front axle is getting harmonics induced into it at certain speed and road "texture" combinations. Hemiram is right, it's definitely the whole truck, as if it feels every contour of the road at certain speeds.
jimboman, I don't know about the others, but what I would try with yours and 5speeds is removing the front driveshaft to see if it helps. Since our 4wd's have no hubs or axle disconnect, the front driveshaft is spinning all the time. If there's a problem(u-joint, double cardan joint not lubed properly from the factory and binding, bent shaft, etc) with it, it will be obvious once removed. Worth a shot and don't cost anything.
Racer, thanks for the advice. It makes sense. I think I'll give it a try this weekend.

I might also consider upgrading the stabilizer to this...

http://www.solidsteel.ca/Products.htm

Apparently, it makes up for some of the geometry misalignment coming out of the steering box. They make 'em for 02-04 models as well. Looks pretty cool.

jimboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #2

2500 shake

I had a brand new front drive shaft with universal joints installed today (warranty) they even replaced the ones on the rear shaft ..unfortunately the roads where I was today were to smooth really to check it out heading out to where it did it before tomorrow.. ill let you guys know if its any different
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #3

2500 shake

So what was wrong with the old one? If it fixes the problem, not a bad diagnosis from 3700 miles away, eh? This message has been edited. Last edited by: racer20, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:32:29 GMT-0700', '27 April 2005 08:32 AM')+''); 27 April 2005 08:32 AM
racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 04:01 AM   #4

2500 shake

if it fixes the problem that would be great !!The old front drive shaft was all seized up at the ujoints including most on the rear shaft ..but the rear is mostly from my John force style launches ..but we wount tell anyone that.. all I can say is thank god for warranty lol..ok im off bump hunting today ..let you know what goes tonight
Old 04-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #5

2500 shake

Update !! never made any difference what so ever still does the same shake on certain bumps as it has from new...bringing it back in
Friday
Old 04-27-2005, 05:47 PM   #6

2500 shake

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 5SpeedHemi:
Update !! never made any difference what so ever still does the same shake on certain bumps as it has from new...bringing it back in
Friday

Sorry to hear that replacing the driveshaft components didn't work.

I've been looking for a lift, and think (hope) I've found something that will kill the excessive bumpsteer, and lift my truck.

http://koreperformance.com/performan...nsion.htm#PACE

The "pace" system, with Bilstein 5150's.
jimboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 AM   #7

2500 shake

Sorry buddy. I tried. Personally, mine has never even hinted at a shake or vibration. Good luck and keep us posted.
racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #8

2500 shake

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racer20:
Sorry buddy. I tried. Personally, mine has never even hinted at a shake or vibration. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks but im not alone in this I know a guy out this way that has the same issue even my old dealership 2500 did the same thing they said ..and on DT there are many of the 2500 doing the same thing ur lucky ..to bad your werent closer i would give you a sample its like Dr Jekel and MrHyde one miniute your the king of the road.. hit a series of bumps or one good sharp one at speed at the truck starts shaking violently and only stops when you slow down I tried speeding up but its to scary..Both dealer and the alinment shop cant find anything wrong.Im goona get a new truck if this keeps up. its going back in Tuesday now.. Im bringing the papers that ben67 gave me I want the truck torn down and checked. To me its sounds like a design flaw but then what do I know,dont get me wrong on some bumps its fine and on level roads its a great truck ..its just those certain ones that start a harmonic shaking or as they are calling it over at DT the " Death wobble "
Old 04-29-2005, 05:49 AM   #9
*Av'sFan*

2500 shake

Hey 5 speed- Sorry to hear about your shakes. I guess I am also one of the lucky ones, but have the superlift dual stableizer shocks, so maybe thats keeping it from shaking??
Old 05-06-2005, 04:38 AM   #10

2500 shake

Does anyone know where to buy a beefer tracbar for the 2500 im finished screwing around with the dealer.