Hemi Truck Club banner

Fuel Pump

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Lane0266 
#1 ·
I am in the process of boosting my truck and looking for a decent fuel pump. It's a 2004 regular cab 2wd SLT with the 5.7. Its a fully built, forged motor with a 6.1 intake manifold. Not finding much info and was wondering what drop in pump all the boosted guys are running. Trying to find one for the factory tank. Any help would be appreciated!!

#2 ·
I think you will probably have trouble trying to find a drop in. your best bet is to upgrade the module that is in the fuel tank. there are a few links on the site that show how to do it.

Reactions: SLOFV7
#8 ·
Yes the E85 pump is good with 93 octane. if you think you're going to run E85 then go with that E85 pump. In fact they now have a 500 for not much more money then you have plenty of room for growth.

#10 ·
As stated a return type fuel pump is needed along with upgraded power to the pump.

#11 ·
I am running a walbro 500 or 515 whatever it is now. It flows a ton of fuel and needs upgraded wiring the factory stuff will not cut it. With that being said I ran a walbro 400 for around 8+ years on factory wiring issue free in the stock basket but did mod the plumbing to a return style

#12 ·
I use a walbro 400 installed 5-6 years ago with return line. Dedicated power supply, fuel cell and fuel mat. Vacuum/pressure controlled regulator. It is adequate for a 392 stroker on 17lbs. boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.