Hemi Truck Club banner

2003 Ram 2500 4x4 4 sale

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteHemi03 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 Ram 2500 Hemi 4 sale. It has the 2005 manual PCM swap. 46 rh trans swap. 4.56 rear gears. 2.5 leveling kit. 20" MKW rims with Toyo open country 35's bout 7500 miles. Engine has a knock either valve train or rod. Not sure which and don't want to dig in and find out. Checked all valve springs and cylinder bores no visible damage. Engine has a 260 comp cam and has been tuned by Charged392. Trinity t100 Turner. AFR, Vacuum/ boost, and trans temp gauge.

#6 ·
Always hate to see a hot rod go up for sale..

#7 · (Edited)
So I have confirmed it is a rod bearing not in the valve train. It is weird because it only knocks slightly after warm up. I guess oil warms a little and frees the bearing enough to "clack". Gonna drop the pan and see how bad the damage is soon. I didn't see any kind of metal in oil when I changed after going through top end. Bummer that its in the bottom end. :banghead::facepalm::sad: I have now joined the Powerstroke world as well.:D

#9 ·
One thing about a rod knock is it won't knock for long...

#10 ·
It's an 05 that has all the work done to it and yeah I got a pretty good guy here local. As far as the Hemi it is parked and hasn't been driven since problem started. I just hope the crank isn't F'd too bad. :hide:

#12 · (Edited)
Did some truck shopping a few months ago. Everything is so expensive. Especially when you figure in the monthly payments and the insurance increase for several years... Along with other expenses like home improvement projects that need to get done sooner than later. Not having the money on hand to do other fun things. Just couldn't afford it. Actually would prefer putting a little money here and there when feasible into my 05.

A built short block is much cheaper...

#14 · (Edited)
A built short block is much cheaper...
It's not the money for the short block it's the time I don't have anymore to build it. I loved the truck again after the trans swap. I just don't have the time or energy to crawl under this thing every 6 months to do a major repair. At least that's how its feels lately with this thing. I took the 6.0 PS to the diesel guy this morning. He thinks I did real well on the purchase with all that has been done. I am still gonna dig into the Hemi cause i can't get what I want for it as is. Dont want to dump a bunch of money into it to break even either. I had a guy look at it last weekend and he liked all I had done with pcm and trans swap but was weary of how bad the motor was hurt.

#19 ·
Can you save the crank ? , those bearings look thin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.