What brand? DJM, Ground Force, Hotchkis, or Belltech - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 02-16-2005, 05:39 AM   #1

What brand? DJM, Ground Force, Hotchkis, or Belltech

Trying to decide on a 2/4 drop. Would like to do shocks also. Should I do control arms or springs. Sporty ride is good but I don't want a real rough ride. In a previos life I had an Integra with adjustable coilovers. Holy crap it was rough. Give me some opinions HEMI Brothers and Sisters.
Almost forgot to mention. I do not want to lose my tow/haul capabilities.

Hemi Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #2

Unfortunately I cannot speak from experience but let me tell you, I've been researching the H*** out of this question for my own future reference. From what I've been reading if you want a more comfortable ride in the front you should do:

a: control arms (DJM Suspensions)
or
b: drop spindles (McGaughys)

I don't know anybody else who makes these products for an 04 Quad. Everybody else seems to make springs/shock combos (which tend to ride stiffer). Either way you go you definitely want to replace the shocks also.

As far as the 4in drop in the rear goes, the flip kit seems to be the most popular if you want a smoother ride. Hotchkis and Belltech put out a replacement leaf but I again hear (because i have no experience) that this option makes the rear stiffer. Again, either way you go you should also replace the shocks.

Thats my 2 cents, now hopefully we'll hear from somebody w/real experience .
vthemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #3
shsuhemi

i have g-force and love it. never bottoms out and rides like it did when i bought it but better with the 22s and all but the drop took 5 hours and 3 jacks 4 jack stands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #4

go with the McGaughys the spindles retain ground clearence and factory ride you won't get that with the control arms
walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #5

What about towing with any of these? Is that out the window? I still want to be able to use my truck as a truck. I just want it to look good also. Maybe just some DJM 2" shackles in the back would nbe best? I could take those off pretty easy if I wanted to tow right?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
Director Emeritus

Garage

Towing ability will not change with the lowering shackles... but you probably will have reduced towing capabilites with the addition of the spring clamps.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:03 AM   #7

HEY hemi army,
I am about to do a 2/4 drop using coils/leaf spring.The leafs will decrease payload by 25% which means I can still carry 750lbs.(or tongue wgt?)May not tow a 5th wheel but can certainly haul ATV/snowmobile toys.With nitro-drop shocks I am hoping an as like stock ride.
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #8

Ok...so I decided. I already bought a DJM 2" lower control arm, 4" rear flip kit + DJM shocks. I got a good deal. Then down the road I will add an air bag kit. Guys at Dodgetalk.com have had good luck with this setup. There is a pic with a Harley in the bed and it still looks level. So this seems like a good setup. Any opinions.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #9

Hemi Army,

How much did you pay for your whole kit? I am thinking of going with that same setup on my 03 rc. I am also interested in any install problems you may have if you do the work yourself. Thanx.
TheHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #10

I payed $500. Haven't installed yet as I am out of the country on a business. But I plan on installing in April. Anyone in FL want to help me?