Standard Cab vs. Quad Cab How do you use your extra space? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 03-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #1

Standard Cab vs. Quad Cab How do you use your extra space?

Maybe its because I have a short cab that I like it, but the more I see the quadcabs, the less sporty they appear to me. Maybe because I had a full size extended cab long bed....I just love the fact that I can almost spin around at an intersection without needing 4 lanes to make a U turn. I put around 25K miles a year on a truck, A road trip is the only reason I can justify the need for the added room. Why are there so few Shorties out there? What do you use your Quadcab for?

PTown native is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #2

Are you really asking us why we need a backseat?

No, they're definitely not as sporty, but the furthest thing from my mind when I bought it was pimpin' it out. Then I found this site and the rest is history.

I originally bought it as a bike/ family hauler. You can never have too much space when you're carrying your riding gear 24/7 and after owning six regular cab trucks I swore never again. It's not much fun getting dressed in the bed of a truck before/ after a ride - can be downright nipply at times.

But in defense of the QCers, I honestly like the looks of a lowered QC with just the right amount of rake better. It's just something about the mile long look that appeals to the old school lead sled lover in me even though that was well before my time.

And if you can't spin it around in an intersection, you need more mods.
Motohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #3

Let me explain this with a photograph....
MrBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
mindy's hemi

Pretty much says it all Moto, good reply. I call it my "family vehicle" 4 doors means family not fast. WRONG...... Nice to be able to put stuff inside the cab also.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
mindy's hemi

Bigwood, never go anywhere without everything right. How goes it?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
Officer Hemi

I owned regular cabs for my first few trucks. Then in '01 I went with an extended cab. I'll never go back without owning a QC as well. The room is awesome. I can actually fit someone in the passenger seat now and still have all my crap in the back seat. I have no problem getting her to spin around on a two lane road either.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #7

Welcome to the HTC, PTown native!
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #8
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Ill tell you these Damn Rams have the best turning radius I have seen ain a long time. I have had two extended cabs then I just got the QWuad Cab and I wont go smaller. I like to take a lot of things with me, have a daughter, and one onthe way. Plus I use it as a hauler for my 5th wheel. If I have a fifth wheel, then I am gonna have a minimum of 3 people with me. I Think the SC's look a little stubby, but still love it.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #9

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTown native:
Maybe its because I have a short cab that I like it, but the more I see the quadcabs, the less sporty they appear to me. Maybe because I had a full size extended cab long bed....I just love the fact that I can almost spin around at an intersection without needing 4 lanes to make a U turn. I put around 25K miles a year on a truck, A road trip is the only reason I can justify the need for the added room. Why are there so few Shorties out there? What do you use your Quadcab for?
Three boys ranging in age from 9-13 :-) Even us family guys like to have some fun too.... and, with the load-flat floor, I can al a lot, inside, locked up if i have to... ~ I was also looking at the famed Mercury Marauder for this same reason, room for the family, yet still fun for the times when it's just me in the vehicle. I'm glad I have the QC... take a poll, I'll bet there are more guys (gals) out there that are saying "Gee, i wish I had just a little MORE room", than are saying "Gee, this cab is just way too roomy". Just my 2 cents...
Hemi On !!
SoMDHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #10

Come on, now....I didn't mean that I couldn't literally spin around, my truck has a hemi in it too and I can spin just as much as you folks can! I'm alot lighter without the quad cab! I was just wondering why the quad cab is so appealing to everyone. I see now that most carry youngin's or use them as motels and I thought I was a redneck!

Hey now that Martha Stewart is out, she may assist you with your next choice in sheets for your Hotel Hemi!
PTown native is offline   Reply With Quote