Need some help. Now Brake/Turn Signals at 7 pin Connector - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 03-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #1

I am in need of a little help. I have an 04 Ram 1500 that came with the Factory Tow Package. I recently bought a camper and noticed that I have no Brake lights or turning signals on the camper. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. Testes the pins at the connector and I have no power for the brake/turn lights. The lights on the truck work fine. I have read where the PCIM may need to be replaced in these trucks due to a non-repairable relay. I have tested the wires coming out of the bottom of the PCIM and I have power there. Not sure where these 2 wires go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gottahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #2

I am in need of a little help. I have an 04 Ram 1500 that came with the Factory Tow Package. I recently bought a camper and noticed that I have no Brake lights or turning signals on the camper. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. Testes the pins at the connector and I have no power for the brake/turn lights. The lights on the truck work fine. I have read where the PCIM may need to be replaced in these trucks due to a non-repairable relay. I have tested the wires coming out of the bottom of the PCIM and I have power there. Not sure where these 2 wires go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gottahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #3

My primary thought would be rotting on the backside of the factory connector. Another thought I can only say held true for 06-08 that I'm aware of was a connector located under the truck around the rear axle on the drivers side (trucks with factory tow package anyhow). A lot of people complained about no 4-pin connectors with factory 7-pin and a lot of plug and play after market 7/4 combo connectors were made. Don't know if that applies to 02-05 era.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote