Installing the 7-pin connector & Harness - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #1

Installing the 7-pin connector & Harness

So evidently I'm that guy that figured I didn't need to pay for the extra 7-pin and harness; and swindled a free hitch from the dealer. Yep now I need a 7-pin for the new(kinda) travel trailer. I went to my friendly neighborhood dodge dealer and they handed me the harness for about $85. (P/N: 1- 82207253) I went home, followed the directions to the letter and end up with a blue wire that I pushed through the firewall. OK here's the question; if they have an easy harness (4 pin connector) under the dash to hook up the brake controller where do I hook up that blue wire I just pushed threw the firewall??? The 4 pin connector under the dash already has a wire in every location?!?!

2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Thunder Road 4x4 HEMI(of course

THNDRRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #2

Ok so heres the scoop, the 4 pin under the dash does have the blue wire that goes for elect brakes, only downfall is finding it, they say it pushes through the firewall, I found mine at the connector under the drivers door right as the connector is behind basically the inner fender, under the truck, use a ohm meter to the wire inside, and check continuity between 2 points, its there on my 05, and the other wire, that you might look for if needed is the 12v hot wire, its I think the black with orange stripe, thick gauge wire! Hope this gives you some insight here, let me know if you have issues I might be able to get the color in that harness if needed I can get under mine and look for ya!
brand_x_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #3

OK so basically I wasted my time fishing that wire through the firewall So the plug (once the blue wire is connected) should keep from having to hardwire the brake controller in? Awesome I really do appreciate the help. Thanks again.
THNDRRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #4

well if you fount it there you probably have seen too many wires up at that fire wall! lol. Once the blue wire is hooked up you wont have to hardwire the controller in so saves time for sure!

You know thats how we roll man little tips and tricks!
brand_x_racing is offline   Reply With Quote