I need a hitch for my hemi - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 04-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #1

I need a hitch for my hemi

Does any one have a sports appearance pkg and also have a class 3 hitch that worked around the rear skirt? Without cutting into the skirt...Where can I get one?

04 dodge ram hemi quad cab paid off
Sports appearance package,
Flow masters super 40 series,
Matchbox dodge ram hemi mounted to mirror
Rhino liner
Track rac ladder system
Westin bed extender
$$$ to spend don’t want to void warranty
u tell me what to do next

Da-hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #2

What exactly is the issue? I am unaware of any issues with mounting hitches with the sport package. Just a painted rear bumper isn't it? Never heard of any roll pan or anything like that. Even if you have some type of ground effects package I again can't think of how they would interfer with the hitch?

Most aftermarket hitches are the same as the Mopar Accessories one that is small and just mounts right under the bumper. They don't have the long arms going out to the sides as they used to. The MOPAR one is at least a Class III( 5,000 lbs )and may even be rated as high as class IV( 10,000-12,000lbs ).

The Frame system on the new Rams makes it possible to haul so much with such a small hitch. There is no drilling or anything involved.

If all you need is the Class III hitch the MOPAR accessories hitch or any number of aftermarket hitches will do. Just a couple bolts through existing holes and that is all.

The link below is to the instructions sheet for mounting a VAlley class IV hitch. You can see how small it is and it gives a good diagram of the mounting process and such. If that style hitch won't work than I am at a loss to think of one that would?

http://www.valleyorders.com/ISheets/82600.pdf This message has been edited. Last edited by: NHHEMI, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:27:58 GMT-0700', '27 April 2005 07:27 PM')+''); 27 April 2005 07:27 PM
NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #3

Actually, I just pulled out my Mopar Accessories catalog and looked at the sport package and see where they have a piece running under the back. Never seen that before. Is it one solid piece across the whole underside of the bed or is it open in the middle? Can't quite tell in the book?

They are showing the MOPAR trailer hitch on it though in the catalog. Again, as it does not use the long arms out to the side as we used to see( and most aftermarket hitches are small and mount just like the MOPAR one ), mount and are located from the back of the bumper forward, and is just a small little thing , I think it will be fine for you.
NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
O.H.

Mine came with a Class IV from the factory.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #5

My truck has the sport package and it came with a dealer installed class 3 hitch. Theres nothing under my bumper to get in the way of the hitch, but the dealer could have taken it off I guess.
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote