Filling holes from front license plate bracket - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #1

Filling holes from front license plate bracket

I took off my front plate and there are four holes from the front bracket, has anyone filled the holes or had them filled professionaly? If I could get it done for under 100$ I would have it done........ otherwise I think I'm SOL

HemiChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #2

Just an idea....but maybe get yourself some stainless carriage bolts to plug the holes. If the holes you speak of are the little square ones like the ones I have in my front bumper.
Cajun Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:24 PM   #3

the easiest and best looking way IMO is to get these: http://www.bumperplugs.com/ they mostly cater to Porsche but if you e-mail them with the size of the holes, your make and model of vehicle, and your factory paint code they can hook you up. get ready though, they're pricey (start at $25 a pair)
i don't know if you care or not but Texas state law requires you display a front license plate. local cops will leave you alone but highway patrol will get you if they see you. trust me.

BTW the first saturday in june we're going to the drag strip in ennis to do a little racing. try to make it if you can
SLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #4

Just buy plastic push in clips(christmas tree style)ask for them at any auto parts store. Buy a can of factory match spray paint and sand and paint the clips yourself. Thats all they're doing on that porsche website.
KAWI9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #5

will these said "christmas tree style" push in clips give me a flat surfaced result? Saw the porsche bumper plugs, not really the effect i was going for but thanks n e ways. yeah i know the smokies may hassle me, that's why i have it in my console, you know the old "bracket just broke this morning" bit works every time. and to cajun hemi mine are actually round, poorly drilled, and i think be paint around the holes might be buckled a bit also.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:18 AM   #6

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HemiChance:
will these said "christmas tree style" push in yeah i know the smokies may hassle me, that's why i have it in my console, you know the old "bracket just broke this morning" bit works every time.
SLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #7

No the christmas tree clips are not going to give you a flat look. They are exactly what you are seeing on the porsche site(thought i would just give you a cheaper idea rather than paying 25$ for .50 clips). As for being around $100 its going to be more than that to do a professional quality job.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage

Chance...you can get chrome caps at some hardware stores, they would look ok about a buck a piece. Slinger's right....the cost of a few tickets isn't worth it.. Everyone else has a front plate too so no one even notices. I know it's not what "we" would like but life aint always fair.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #9

You can also have a body shop sand the texture out of your plate bracket and paint it.I did it on my black truck and it looks great, it would look even better on gray with the sport bumpers.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #10

thats the best idea i've heard yet KAWI9R i may even try to buy a can of paint & clearcoat to try it myself. I am a master finisher when it comes to wooden products......... my whole house is unfinished furniture that i have done myself, i'll give that a shot.