Hemi Truck Club banner

DODGE TOWING 101

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  dentguy 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Can anyone tell me why our rams being such good tow trucks and all have such piss poor down shifing ablity...I mean i also have a chevy van and when its pretty loaded i'll down shift into 3rd even 2nd at times and man it'll throw you forward but when i'm towing my boat with my ram and throw it down into 2nd the only thing that happens is the rpms raise sligthly...i hate to have to rely on the brakes to slow me down especially on long hills ....chris

#6 ·
#7 ·

#9 ·
i actually emailed dodge to ask specifically what my truck can tow and haul(payload) since the website is so confusing...They actually list 4 different weights for my 2007 ram 1500 QC 4x4 short bed 6.25 20" w/3.92 Hemi and they got back to me today with the lowest # of the 4 at 7400lbs max towing capacity....I replied back asking if they could look into the site and see how to make it more detailed and specific....see what happens........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.