Hemi Truck Club banner

Anyone know if Timbren Suspension Enhancement?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SLAMLLC 
#1 ·
This was recommended by a local RV service area in Memphis, TN. I have a 2008 1500 HEMI MegaCab. I was told it would pull over 9000 or so pounds BUT it shows to pull 7900. ( shoulda kept my CTD)I've been told the only difference in the 1500 and 2500 is there is one more spring in the rear of the 2500 - same everything else - YA'LL AGREE??? Engine, tranny, frame - same. I wanted more of a fuzzy feeling about towing my 7000 pound 33 foot travel trailer and found these

http://timbren.com/aeon-rubber-springs.htm

that I'm told will add up to 6000 pounds to my towing capability. No drilling, just replace the already there smaller rubber bumper - total cost is $400 installed with life time warranty. Ya'll check out the site and let me know. Wish I'd put this here earlier as I'm heading out to get'er done. Thanks for any input. My new 2008 HEMI has a life time warranty on everything and if these will do the trick just maybe I do have a pretty good thing here! Ed

#2 ·
they are used alot buy snow plowing guys.
check this forum i spend some time there and have read that most guys install plows and timbrens.....
good luck.
let us know.

#3 ·
quote:that I'm told will add up to 6000 pounds to my towing capability
Sorry to inform you but the only thing that will increase your hauling/towing capabilities are

Gears
Rims
Transmission
Bigger truck

And even the above listed will only increase by a few hundred pounds.

You have a set manufacturers limit and DOT. Exceeding your limit is only asking for trouble,.. fines, accident maybe death.

The only thing they will do is help with hauling something in the bed or towing with a heavy tongue or neck weight.

#4 ·
yeah what he said.
and in the case of the snow plow trucks, keep the front end out of the weeds.

#5 ·
Sadly that's what I really expected and it's $400 shot in the tail. Maybe it'll help some though. My GVWR is 8510 and a CTD 2500 is 9000. My towing max per the 2008 pamplet is 7900. With the trailer being 6366 from the factory (on the plackard anyway with APPROX by it) and added propane is 54lb it comes to about 6420 - I should have 1000-1500 pounds under my towing max. HEMI GAWR Front is 4750 and GAWR Rear is 6010 - whatever those actually mean. My hitch weight is 543lb (from web sites it is anyway) so I'm actually not close to the GVWR as I see it. Thanks for all the correct info. It's something I can understand and still looks like I can pull this trailer easily enough. Ed

#6 ·
Love mine... no fuss no muss... no maintenance.
Install them and forget them, I had air overloads on my last truck and got sick of checking their PSI all the time.

#7 ·
I have some timbrens on my GMC 3500 4x4 plow truck in the front. They work as advertized for snow plowing. Keep the front end up about 2 inches when the plow is raised. I have seen them for tow trucks in the rear. I haven't seen them work on the rear so I can't say for sure how they will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.