2013 trailer brake controller - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Towing, Hauling and Hitching

Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Garage
Thumbs up 2013 trailer brake controller

Went to the dealer today to have the step rails installed, while waiting I picked the parts manager's brain, and got the PN's for the brake controller;
Module is 68092732-AD $147.20/ Switch 68105206-AB $52.31. On the list but currently on back order. About the same price as an aftermarket and will use the console location and work with the EVIC. So, I've installed the tonneau, extenda bed, and Ez-down from my 04, step rails provided by the dealer as part of the purchase, and waiting for the controller (one part at a time )

2013 Sport, Quad, 4x4; hemi, LS rear, Xtang full tilt; Extenda bed; EZ-down; Mopar SS step rails

(traded)04 Hemi; Qcab; 4x4; 3.92LS; Borla cat back; Roadmaster active rear suspension; XTang full tilt tonneau; Westin black on SS steps; Line-X under rail; full tint; modified front tow hooks;
howln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #2

Garage
I read a thread on another forum of a adding one to his '12 and had some issues with the EVIC. I think he got it resolved, but ended up with the dealer flashing the EVIC three times I think to get it to work, so you may want to see what your dealership would charge for that.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #3

Garage
Ram head, I'm sure if I have to get them to flash it there will be a charge, but I always remind them that I chose their dealership to spend my money. being a senior citizen with good manners always helps ;o) I will update.
2013 Sport, Quad, 4x4; hemi, LS rear, Xtang full tilt; Extenda bed; EZ-down; Mopar SS step rails

(traded)04 Hemi; Qcab; 4x4; 3.92LS; Borla cat back; Roadmaster active rear suspension; XTang full tilt tonneau; Westin black on SS steps; Line-X under rail; full tint; modified front tow hooks;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #4

Garage
Good tactic. I always ask for military discount if they have it. Just wanted to give you a heads up it wasn't a simple plug and play, at least not for that guy. I'm sure it also depends on the people working at the dealership, too.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #5

Garage
Ram-head, I didn't abuse them too badly, but I did get $500.00 more for my 04 than the original offer, and they did throw in the full length step rails at no charge, and today gave me $50.00 back because I settled for the SS(3 days) over the chrome(6 weeks). I try not to be abusive, but my wife hates that I have so much fun squeezing them all I can. I did appreciate that my local dealer does not do the back and forth to the manager crap, when they start that I walk out. For me, it's just a big game.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by howln View Post
Ram head, I'm sure if I have to get them to flash it there will be a charge, but I always remind them that I chose their dealership to spend my money. being a senior citizen with good manners always helps ;o) I will update.
DONE My dealer had the console completely apart, told me they needed another pig-tail that was to come with the kit? All I ordered was the module and switch, so they would have to put it back together and make another appointment. I knew the fuses were in place, and the wiring harness existed, so I asked, since it's apart, why not hook it up; if it works, just tie strap the module to the console frame. Hooked it up, flashed the EVIC once, and it works. This was the first one they had done and now know what parts to order, all said a very professional job.
Now if I can convince my wife it needs a cold air intake and new exhaust

Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #7

Garage
Glad to hear it's working for you. And I'm right there with you on the CAI and exhaust. I convinced her I needed a Trinity first, though. I figured I'd get the big thing out of the way, or at least the biggest thing for now, then all the other stuff wouldn't seem so bad. I don't know if that strategy is going to work or not. lol
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #8

Garage
lol, tried that today on the way home response. Guess after buying the truck, I need to let the bank account bounce back. All said, the controller cost me $211.oo for parts and $199.00 for installation. Coulda done the aftermarket for half that, but the factory parts and working through the EVIC is sweet.
By the way, nice looking truck; is that the sun-burst color?