Hemi Truck Club banner

Selling my 2004 Hemi Ram QC - Tucson, AZ - $6,000 with extras

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  04sthemi 
#1 ·
Time to sell my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L hemi. This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Never left me stranded and always up to the task. I've owned this truck since April of 2008 and am the 2nd owner (to my knowledge). I bought the truck from a Dodge dealer in San Diego with 48,935 miles on it. It now has 216,144 miles and runs stronger than new. I have done the majority of the maintenance on the truck myself and have a spreadsheet that will come with the truck showing the maintenance history since I have owned it. Clean Arizona title in hand.

Interior:
Leather seating front and rear from a 2013 Ram Laramie edition, full power with heating and cooling, just needs the wiring completed. Driver's seat already has power though. Seats are perfect, super comfortable and recently conditioned by a professional detailer.

Upgraded bluetooth double-din stereo system with hands free calling and factory controls on the steering wheel.

Extrerior:
Steel cowl-induction hood, sport front bumper. Both need paint to match the truck but are otherwise in good condition. Hood was put on the truck about a year and a half ago and is completely rust free.

McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit, professionally installed with Bilstein 5100 shocks. The ride is better than stock, stiff for aggressive driving but compliant when cruising on the freeway. Front suspension was rebuilt at the same time, all of which was about 44k miles ago.

BellTech rear sway bar and custom add-a-leafs in the rear spring packs to maintain load carrying capacity. The truck was mainly used for hauling motorcycles to the race track.

LineX spray in bedliner and added tie-down points in the bed.

Black aftermarket wheels and Toyo Proxes STIII tires, 305/50x20. Tires have 7,200 miles on them.

LED tail lights.

Paint is not perfect, the truck is a 2004 after all. The roof is showing clearcoat flaking above the windshield. There is a small dent and deep scratch on the rear driver's side of the bed. It's got the normal parking lot dings in the doors but nothing major. Headlights have been replaced a couple times because of fading and peeling, they are starting to show signs of that again but are still clear.

Drivetrain:
The engine is still extremely strong. It's never been opened for any repairs. EGR valve was replaced about 100 miles ago. The throttle body was replaced with an 82mm bore throttle body from thefastman.com. Edelbrock 3/4 headers have been installed with a full flow Y-pipe and a Magnaflow 11255 stainless steel muffler. The truck sounds VERY good. The ECU was upgraded to one from a 2005 Dodge Ram and has a custom tune added via a Diablo I2 tuner that is included with the truck. The tuner allows you to do custom tuning and also check and clear any trouble coded (check engine lights). There is also a K&N air filter installed along with an AirAid intake tube. I have used Shell Rotella T6 5w30 full synthetic oil in the motor for most of it's life, with regular samples sent out to Blackstone Labs for oil analysis. Tests always come back great and I have all the results to prove it. This motor is still very strong and good to go for a long time with proper maintenance.

Included with the truck is almost everything needed to do a complete refresh (NOT a rebuild!) of the engine, including replacing the timing chain. I had intended on doing this work eventually to keep the motor running strong but never got around to it. The parts were purchased purely for preventative maintenance and not for any major repair work.

Here are all the motor parts that I had collected for doing a refresh of the engine. NOT a rebuild! All parts are included with the truck and I will not sell separately.

All parts listed are new and still in the original box except the timing set, I threw the box out when I was moving to fit the set into a different box with other parts. It's new and unused otherwise.

• ARP head bolt kit
  • New oil filter
  • New 170 degree thermostat
  • New EGR valve
  • New Mopar oil pan gasket
  • New Melling M362 oil pump
  • New 6.1L Hemi timing chain set
  • New timing cover gasket
  • New water pump
  • New water pump gasket
  • New thermostat housing
  • New thermostat gasket
  • New OEM exhaust manifold gaskets
  • New valve cover gaskets and grommet sets
  • New intake manifold gasket set
  • New harmonic balancer bolt
  • New balancer crank seal
  • New rear main seal and housing

Transmission shifts smoothly and has had no issues. I've had the trans fluid and BOTH filters changed at regular intervals.

Rear axle has stock 3.92 gearing with the factory Limited Slip differential that has also been service regularly.

The power steering rack and tie-rod ends were replaced about 7,000 miles ago.

This truck has been my baby for almost 12 years now. I love this truck, it's been the best vehicle I have ever owned. But it's time for something different as life changes things. I'm asking $6000 for the truck with the motor refresh parts included. The leather seats alone are worth over $2000 if they were sold separately and the motor parts another $1000 worth. Yes, it could use a paint job but it's not that bad really. Lots of posts about it in the 3rd gen forum, go check it out.

PM me if you are interested and we can go from there. Truck doesn't get driven often anymore and is now living in my garage.

More pics of the truck and stuff I've done to it can be seen here - https://xtremewlr.smugmug.com/2004-Dodge-Ram-Hemi/

See less See more
#2 ·
You have put a lot of love in the old girl..
sorry to see it going on the block.. good luck.

#3 ·
Thanks! Life has changed and I need to take a different direction now. Still love that truck but she doesn't get driven often now and deserves a new home. I did have her detailed recently so the paint is looking a lot better and she still runs and drives perfect. Hopefully she goes to someone that will take great care of her again!

#4 ·
I kept thinking it was a 4x4,

Reactions: xtremwlr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.