Hemi Truck Club banner

XDS 45 or Sheild 40

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ATXHEMI 
#1 ·
So I recently took the CHL class. I'm just waiting for the state to send me my card to carry. I'm having trouble deciding between the Springfield XDS 45 and the Smith & Wesson M&P Sheild 40. I'm leaning towards the Sheild for 2 reasons. Smith & Wesson are made in the USA and its about $200 cheaper. I have shot the XDS and it is a very nice gun. I haven't had the opertunity to shoot he Sheild. If you have either gun what do you like and not like about them?

#3 ·
I like the glock I just want a single stack magazine. Both guns I listed are less than an inch wide. I need to call around and see if any of the ranges have a Sheild I can rent. Shoot it and see which I like better.

#4 ·

For cc here in Texas in the summer it is hard to find something to conceal comfortably :facepalm:...as a second pocket pistol I use a .380 loaded with critical defense:thumb:.

:D

#5 ·
I have to agree with the .380. I have 3 9mm that are fine guns, just very difficult to conceal. Nothing wrong with keeping the .40 or .45 in the truck, but what happens when you go outside?

Try a S&W .380. Nice little gun with stopping power when mated with the right ammo. Both guns you are looking at are fine pieces.

Get what you are comfortable shooting!

#6 ·
David, have you looked at the Ruger LC9? My father in law carries one and he's pretty happy with it. As others said though, you gotta try different ones and see what's good for YOU. If you are looking for an IWB holster, check out Crossbreed Holsters. Their "Supertuck" is awesome.

#8 ·
I have seen the LC9. It's about the same size as the 380 I have. My cousin has the Kimber Ultra Carry and I like that one too. But I could buy both the gun I'm looking at and a couple boxes of ammo for what they cost.

#13 ·
Hey David, how do you like the Shield so far? I've been looking at it in 9mm and also an XDs 9mm. Just curious if you're happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.