Hemi Truck Club banner

What to do ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  leadfoot 
#1 ·
I bought new steps from a dealer on ebay. They came with a dent on each side. When I contacted the dealer I was told to make a claim with UPS. Of corse I made a claim. Ups told me to hold onto the box for five days then I can get rid of it and what came in it. After a few weeks of the dealer telling me no claim was done yet I called ups and they said differant. Finally today the dealer claims he just got the email and my new steps will be shipped tomorrow. The best part is he expects me to return the damaged ones that I paid for . Now since I paid for the first ones and UPs paid for the second ones I feel the dealer has no right to get the damaged ones back . Am I right ????

#2 ·
I see where they'd want them back as physical proof something was wrong. Other wise people would be trying to scam 2 sets of free sidesteps every day of the year.

#4 ·
I'm sure UPS paid for a replacement on your behalf. I mean if they bought you another set to say "sorry" more power to you. But I've never seen a commercial entity "send a replacement" without collecting the defective item in return if there is one to be collected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.