Hemi Truck Club banner

What funds your rig?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  YeahItsAHemi 
#1 ·
We all have one thing in common and that's our Hemi's, but what's everyone do for a living to fuel your passion. We talk back an forth on threads and some of us have a friendship outside of the fourms. But newer members, like myself, don't know much about the people we talk to a couple times a week. I myself am a Concrete Plant Inspector for Manatt's Inc out of Brooklyn, Iowa. We pave Highways all over the state as well as some of the surrounding states when there's work there. We've recently been added to the build list to the boarder wall, if that comes up. My job entails check the aggregates for moisture content, specific gravity and the gradation, or the size mix, of the materials we use in the concrete. We also test the concrete at the plant for slump and air content before it goes to the grade and there are certain limits and rules in the state that we have to abide by. Generally we work from late March to mid November, usually the week of Thanksgiving, depending on weather and work load. On average we work about 15 hrs a day 5 or 6 days a week but have ran 7 straight when we are behind schedule. It's a great company and I love almost every minute of my job and a lot of it is due to the guys and gals I work with, with the exception of being away from home for more than 1 day a week haha. I've attached a pic of our humble abode so you can get an idea of the environment. So what about you guys/gals, what do you do to make a living? And if you have any questions or stories from working in the same field feel free to share. Always love a good story

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nothing special here lol! I am just an ASE Master Technician. I do anything and everything that has an engine or a transmission for that matter. Been with my current employer 8.5years now (shocked) and still going. Single family income but it pays the bills and still allows the toys! This is the only picture I have on my phone in the drive way working on the ground lol.

Attachments

#5 ·
Very cool. You get to do what you love all day and then spend your free time doing that too. In college they said if you find a job you love you'll never work a day in your life, I work every day :rofl: I kid. I never think of it as being at work. Just being at a place that pays me to hangout with my friends all day long amd see some cool stuff along the way

#8 ·
I own a small residential remodeling business called Stenholm Custom Remodeling that I started in 2003. I specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodeling with a heavy emphasis on tile work. Here is a link to my website Welcome - Stenholm Custom Remodeling

#10 ·
I'm a commercial/industrial electricians apprentice, going into my third year right now. Local IBEW 573. We do it all, I've worked in little commercial jobs wiring in plugs and lights to steel plant shut downs for new serivices. Sometimes it's fast paced, some times we don't do anything productive all day haha. Maybe not the career that I've dreamed of all my life, but it pays the bills nicely and puts a good bit towards pension so can't complain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.