Hemi Truck Club banner

"Truckers To Shutdown America"

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  truckerfam 
#1 ·
I doubt most of y'all have heard anything about this nonsense. This "group" has lost their mind. The "organizers" (if you want to call them that...) have changed their agenda multiple times to entice truckers to go to DC and create mayhem. These organizers have ABSOLUTELY NO TIES to the industry we have a love/hate relationship with. They started out claiming they were doing this because of how overregulated the industry is YET on the agenda was "setting minimum rates of 1.60/mi and a wage of $16/hr". (More gov't regulation/intervention) They were on Kevin Rutherford's show and he called them out on it and they refused to answer the questions and knew ZERO about the industry. It should have told drivers something right then and there that they will be used as pawns and give trucking yet another black eye in the view of the public. Sadly, there's a ton that are so blind to this I'm honestly afraid for those who do show that it will end in bloodshed! The organizers have been encouraging drivers to block fuel pumps/islands, go into DC/the Whitehouse with their trucks which isn't even legal! Last time I checked, to get inside the beltway with a semi, you have a one time use permit for delivering/picking up only!! On this group's fb page and those that have spun off from it, have been posting completely bogus and false pics claiming that "it has begun". One in particular off a traffic camera around Harrisburg, PA at 1651 hours on i81 of traffic backed up with a line of trucks. Anyone who has ever ran that section KNOWS that is a normal situation anytime of the day, much less rush hour! Not to mention 81 goes nowhere close to DC! These idiots are also taking pics of trucks parked at rest areas proclaiming "all these boys are heading to DC". Have seen several links claiming that Obama id calling in the National Guard to shutdown the loop against this (martial law anyone??)

This whole shutdown thing is COMPLETELY illegal according to the rules of interstate commerce. Driver's have to have a beef with their COMPANY to legally be able to strike (shutdown) which means this ridiculousness is completely 100% illegal! Multiple company names on these who claim they are going and some are owner ops. If you are an owner op you CANNOT strike against yourself! Another thing the "organizers" didnt figure in, holiday weekend and it a weekend which means pretty well everywhere is closed up and no one (politicians) in DC. Does anyone else see the flaws and this group using drivers as pawns or is it just me??

The Wifey

As a note, my trucker nor anyone else at F/X will be involved In this mess!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Will post up Kevin's finalization to the interview when I find it again along with the links pertaining to The National Guard. I see bloodshed coming from this. I honestly do! Most who are suppoeting this aren't those of us who's jobs could be at stake and don't realize if most trucks actually did shutdown for 3 days what would happen. In 3 days time, shelves in stores will be empty, fuel shortage, and America will pretty well be totally shutdown. I for one, would not want it on my shoulders the amount of people who would die from it due to running out of medical supplies, not being able to be transport in an emergency, those who can't get medications they NEED to live, etc.

The Wifey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.