Hemi Truck Club banner

Scared me....

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 
#1 ·
Installed a different Throttle Valve cable on Redtruck, took it out several times for tests getting the cable dialed in. I live in the country with plenty of empty roads all around me to test on. Anyway made a full pass, slowed and pulled into my drive and as I get to the house a Sheriff's car sitting there. I'm thinking This can't be good!! His car would be like the third car I've seen all day. I pull up along side him and he asks me about a friend who moved to Texas a few years ago. He smiled and said, you take it easy now and drove on down the drive. Put the truck up for the day. Got inside the house and asked the wife if she could hear me and said yes, you are loud... It's tough to play even in the country..... :facepalm:

#3 ·
Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I was out playing one night, painting new stripes on the road. I motored along for several miles, turned and right next to some railroad tracks was a deputy.

I motored away, went several miles and made some WOT runs. Soon there were rapidly-approaching headlights in the mirror. I wasn't sure it was a po-po until we went under a street light. From there we motored serenely the ten miles back to town. I turned toward home and he kept going. Whew! :D :brows:

#4 ·
Been there done that. Had a cop pull up next to me after some fun and motion to roll window down. He said better slow down I can hear you. Light turned green and I idled away lol. Made it around next turn and
Promptly punched it again cop was headed other way. Not the smartest thing but is fun.

#5 ·
Been there done that. Had a cop pull up next to me after some fun and motion to roll window down. He said better slow down I can hear you. Light turned green and I idled away lol. Made it around next turn and
Promptly punched it again cop was headed other way. Not the smartest thing but is fun.

----------------------------------

:thumb: :lol:

:D

#6 ·
Many, MANY years ago ('63 or so), my Dad and I had been hunting on a Sunday afternoon. He'd promised my Mom we'd go to church with her that night. We were late (of course), so he was doing something north of 80. As he started to make a turn toward home, the local trooper turned on his lights. Instead of completing the turn, my Dad just punched it. That Bonneville (389 4bbl, 11:1 compression) just walked away from the Chevy 427 the trooper was in.

A few years later, I was talking to that trooper: he said all he saw was those tail lights vanish into the dark. He gave up after a couple of miles. When he rounded the curve (at probably 140+), there were no lights visible.

That Bonneville (and the one before it) would "bury the needle", which would be north of 150. And to think: that was bias-ply tires and drum brakes! I wish I still had the last one, but I have no idea what I'd feed it.

My Mom's '72 Bonneville (455 H.O.) was rather spritely, as well. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.