Hemi Truck Club banner

Purchasing used trucks.

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MANual_puller 
#1 ·
Hey! Anyone on to buying used trucks? I've been thinking of buying one and I need suggestions as to how I could find the right truck. It's the first time that I'm gonna purchase a used truck and I so much, don't want to get cheated. So, need good advice. Although I've found some useful tips online, 10 Things to Look out for when Buying a Used Truck | Truck Loan Center would love to hear some more. Anyone who has experienced purchasing used trucks, please do share your opinions.

#2 ·
Since you are asking this question, I would suggest you take the vehicle to a trusted mechanic and pay to have it inspected. Certified stickers on the windshield at the lot are meaningless. Good luck..

#5 ·
My personal experience, I've owned 2 used trucks, the number one thing you can do is buy a vehicle from a dealer that actually daily drives what you're looking to buy. Someone that owns one will know more about it than your average dealer that just tries to flip trade-ins off on to the next guy and not lose money on them. I stop in once a month just to chew the fat with the guy I bought the great white from. He's got a '14 2500 with a hemi as his personal vehicle and he plows the dealership lot with it. The '06 I bought from Ubersox Chrysler in Platteville, Wisconsin. They are the largest Ram Trucks dealer in the Midwest. They have acres of trucks.

The number 2 thing you should always do, no matter what flavor of vehicle, is read up on reviews and read on some forums. Find out what problems people are having and such. Every make has their weak link somewhere, it's just a matter of knowing what it is and being prepared for it.

After that it's a matter of looking it over good checking condition and how it drives/runs. Looking over any service records that can be procured, etc. Finding out what the dealer did for reconditioning work. Then it's a matter of weighing pros and cons with cost and then getting the wife's permission :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.