Hemi Truck Club banner

Opportunity awaits, maybe.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Gila Hemi 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been awhile, busy, busy, busy. Anyway I have a general question for everyone. Would any one of you drive an hour to work for $25.00 an hour, Mon.-Fri. 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

#2 ·
Depends on what my other options are. I can drive an hour to work and make more money but there is a lot to be said about standing in your front yard and looking at work (which I do) so for me it's not worth it. However, I am blessed to have a good job with good salary/benefits and security, even though I probably make $5000 or so less a year.

Morris drove an hour+ to work (because his job relocated) but at his age and opportunities for his specialty in our area he would probably wouldn't have been able to find anything close to his salary. But since he was five years from retirement is was more worth it in his situation to make the drive.

I used to drive the hour but when you figure your actual hourly salary is what you make from the time you leave your house to the time you get home, time away from home, weather situations (when the weather is bad I have to go to work no matter what because I work in a hospital, at Morris job if the weather was bad they shut down), family obligations, and wear and tear on your vehicle and those extra expenses. Bottom line in our family: one of us drove and it was the right thing to do, one of us didn't drive and made a little less money and it was the right thing to do. Basically, I may not have been any help. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.