Hemi Truck Club banner

My update...it's been a while plus cancer

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
As I type this I'm not sure when I made my last post on this forum. Used to frequent it everyday. I still own the same '04 moose now with only 95K miles on it. I've owned it for 11 years; will be 12 in April. I've thought about getting a new truck but I can't bring myself to part with it. As of right now though I'm definitely not in the market. I'm currently battling stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma and was diagnosed back in December. My spirits are high and I'm currently dealing with the side effects of chemo but I am doing ok. I have had 5 rounds of chemo so far and scheduled for 12 (6 cycles). I do have a pet scan scheduled for the 28th so I'm a little apprehensive on the results of it. Nervous really.

I really don't even remember why I quit visiting the site so much. Makes me wonder how many of the members that were active when I was on here all the time still are? I'll try not to be such a stranger.

#2 ·
Hang in there my friend. I have been thru two bouts with the big "C" myself. It's scary, I know and the chemo really wears you out and radiation isn't fun either but, keep your chin up and pray for the best. Anyway, don't be a stranger. We will keep you in our prayers.

:OldFolks:

#4 ·
Be strong, it's scary business....

#8 ·
Ok so it is time for an update. Last Wednesday on the 21st I had an appt with the oncologist and everything is good...in remission. On June 12 I had a cat scan and the 19th was a pet scan. The ct did show a mass still near my spleen but the pet did not show any cancer activity. Dr said it was scar tissue from one of the masses that were around my spleen (probably the 2 incher). I have an appt later this month with the surgeon and I'll get the chemo port removed from my chest. Quite ready for it to come out. It really interferes with my golf swing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.