Hemi Truck Club banner

Laptop Crash Ugh

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Just got my laptop back. Of course all my information is gone. Few days ago I started the laptop like normal and when it got to the Profile log-on It wouldn't load my profile. Took it to the shop and after a lot of BS explaining this and that I was told it was fixed. I'm thinking it is easy to fix something when there's nothing on it :facepalm:

Rebuilding my files will take some time..... :banghead:

#4 ·
I've been tearing up laptops at a rate of one a year for several years now. The heat and humidity was really hard on them in the Philippines. I thought I was ok now that I'm back in the states. Computer guy said I had a virus but I'm not really buying it. His explanation just didn't make sense to me and he was serious into a song and dance routine.
As for backups and restore points, they don't do much if you can't log onto your profile.
It's coming back, I just need to remember how to change this setting and that. PIA for a old guy....

#5 ·
I use a 3 teribite standalone drive anything important is on it the rest I don't care about. computers are outdated the minute you buy it these days I expect them all to crash any minute its unreal almost like they were designed with an internal fail clock.

#6 ·
I think the computer guy was blowing smoke about the virus. I did make a complete backup and I'll try to keep it current. Hate these things....

#9 ·
I guess I was just whining, it could have been a lot worst in as I still have my tuning program and the associated data files.

#10 ·
Get yourself a macbook and put all this in the past :)

#11 ·
I agree, if I can run my tuning software on it. I'll be going back to Megasquirt at some point. :)

#12 ·
I use parallels with windows 7 on my mac to run the diablo an plx stuff, works perfectly!

#13 ·
Sounds good I'll have to give it consideration. I need to do better than I have been doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.