Hemi Truck Club banner

Kahr pistols -- Anyone have one?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  warlord192 
#1 ·
In the market for a new carry gun and was wondering if any of you guys have one? Or any recommendations for ones to look at?

#3 ·
the Kahr has received good marks for the design and function, to me the hardest decision would be which caliber. I am a 380 fan because of size for front pocket carry. Never got use to waist band carry, which would enable you to carry 9s&40s.

also the 380s are easy to palm from front pocket to jacket pocket to another location. and they are not like carrying a rock in your jacket pocket. to me this makes a big difference when taking my jacket off in a restaurant and the extra weight can cause noise and pendulum effect.

I tried carrying a .38 Smith revolver but went back to my 380. I realize the 380 is a weak self defense load. The extra weight was to much, then I tried an air light and was miserable to shoot

just a note to remenber, your concealed permits only covers you while the gun is actually on you, if you are a woman and have ia gun in your purse and let go of the purse you are in violation , as I mention taking my jacket off with gun in jacket I am in violation

#4 ·
-------------------------------------
Kahr is a good middle of the road piece IMO; I do like .380 for carry and backup. The .380 Sig has an extremely smooth action compared to many. There are certainly others - Kimber, Wilson, etc. I like my Glock 23C for waist holster carry...main thing as mentioned by many get what you will CARRY and will use successfully.

:GoodLuck1: with your choice :thumb:.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies, fellas! I'm still looking around, so many choices! David, I've looked at the Shield several times in the past but I've never shot a 40 cal gun. I've somewhat narrowed it down to a Kahr CW45, Kahr CW9, or an officer size 1911. Weight isn't a huge issue for me but I don't like a thick gun. the Kahr and 1911 are both ~1 inch thick.

#8 ·
Well, spent a few hours at several gun shops today. Wasn't 100% crazy about the Shield, the feel of the grip wasn't ideal for me. So, I ended up with a Metro Commander 1911 (Philippine made but solid) plus my wife got a SCCY CPX2 9mm, and we ended up with a Ruger 10/22 Collector's edition 50th Anniversary lol. Got a really good deal on the 9mm and 10/22 so I couldn't pass it up!

#10 ·
oh yeah I got a new EDC pocket knife too, a SOG Flash II... Gunny approved!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.