Hemi Truck Club banner

I'm a ***

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Gila Hemi 
#1 ·
Finished shopping in town and decided to get gas before heading back home. Gas station a little more busy than usual and follow a car toward a two pump island, both empty. These guys stop at the first pump and didn't pull to the forward pump. In my day that was impolite not to pull forward, today it's just the way thing's are. same as driving slow in the fast lane. (different story). Anyway I go to pull around him and another car scoots into the spot. So I pull back behind the guy I was following and wait. Seems he is having a discussion of some sort and finally gets out and heads for the office. WHAT the hell is he doing? Doesn't he want gas? I'm starting my slow boil and finally he comes out carrying food and gives it to his passenger then starts to pump gas. I'm pissed off now and get out and go up to him and give him a piece of my mind. Telling him what a rude, inconsiderate sob he is. He's a big young strapping guy, probably going to one of the local colleges and looks at me a little confused and says I don't have a credit and had to pay for the gas before pumping. I was so fixated on being pissed off that it actually took me a second to understand what he said. Being a single minded old geezer I never even thought about maybe I was the one impatient and being a rude sob. My bad on this one.:icon_peace:

#2 ·
Whoops jumped the gun on that one didn't yah. When that happens to me I pull around to another pump if they are all full I'm gone down the street for the next station I am very impatient waiting is not gonna work for me. But I won't jump in someone's face either lol unless really triggered.

#3 ·
Yeah it was all bad on me... I had forgotten there are folks who still use cash and I was already hot from him not pulling up and then getting cut off by the other car. Hmmm cash that's that stuff you use to put in your wallet where you now keep all those credit cards.

#4 ·
I'm with you on pulling up to the front pump. Cash or credit, that concept is the same. I'm so impatient that I go to a "real" gas station, the only one in our town and probably one of the few left anywhere, and pay about 25 cents more a gallon so I don't have to wait on people going in to get drinks, cigs, food, lottery tickets, whatever. They get their gas and go. It's worth the extra expense to me. BONUS: because it does cost more, it's hardly ever busy. :thumb:

Moral of the story: I would have been in the car behind you egging you on.

#5 ·
It's usually not the gas station I go to plus it was the last station before leaving town and I jumped into it. The cards were stacked against me that day. But still no excuse for my bad behavior.

#6 ·
I think it's safe to say that we all have been there. Keep your chin up! As far as pulling forward to the empty pump, I agree. He should have pulled forward. I see the "all about me" attitude in the students that I teach. The kids today are raised to be believe that they are entitled to whatever their little hearts desire. These kids grow into adults with the safe outlook....."hooray for me and to hell with you." It's very disheartening.:banghead:

#7 ·
but dont be too upset with yourself your not totally at fout,, he should have pulled foward he should have waited to get his food he could have paid for his gas fill his tank then pulled into a parkin place to get his food, why cause the lines to backup, get your gas and then get the h**l out of the way but hey it is just me and most of the time now days i'm a a**hole but hey they made me that way,,,,, 25 years of put up with there a**

#9 ·
Consideration and common sense would have been helpful for the both of us. lol

#10 ·
I can relate to getting peaved over stupid people. My 2 biggest annoyances are people that don't use turn signals or use them wrong and people that pull out in front of me making me slow down and then a block or two later are turning off and slowing me down again. They usually get a downshift earful of Hemi rage :brows:

#11 ·
I also love unmanned gas stations for this reason. They're all around quicker, the traffic flow is better, no people walking around in between cars/pumps apparently attempting to get run over :confused: just eliminates a lot of hassles.

#12 ·
It's a shame that many of us have lost some of our patients. But then if some people had any consideration for others maybe we wouldn't have lost our patients in the first place. One of my biggest peeves is people out here in the country that drive 40 in a 55mph speed limit. They aren't in a hurry and you shouldn't be either...but with 5 miles of no passing zones it takes a toll on me. :(

#13 ·
It's a shame that many of us have lost some of our patients. But then if some people had any consideration for others maybe we wouldn't have lost our patients in the first place. One of my biggest peeves is people out here in the country that drive 40 in a 55mph speed limit. They aren't in a hurry and you shouldn't be either...but with 5 miles of no passing zones it takes a toll on me. :(

-----------------------------------------
:iagree: The bolded area fits me too! That's one of the reasons I keep fuel on my own place - I can just be 'an *** to myself' :D

:thumb:

#14 ·
Gee Doug I thought one of your pet peeves was small trees that sneak up behind you????? Also I don't like people that make fun of others for "little" mistakes. :D:D
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.