Hemi Truck Club banner

Hemi support vehicles

13K views 142 replies 6 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Many of have support vehicles for much loved Hemi's... I recently replaced my trusty 1st Gen Ram 2500 diesel with a 2007 Ram diesel.
How many others use support vehicles? So lets have a roll call...

#3 ·
Support vehicle provide peace of mind and are convenient when needed. Also make's me lazy in as I don't necessarily need to have Red running at the end of every day.... ;)

#4 ·
I need to get some pictures of my trusty rusty Mitsubishi turd :lol:

It's actually been a really good little rig for what I paid for it. It's 11 years older and actually has more options than the Ram does :eek:

#5 ·
I need to get some pictures of my trusty rusty Mitsubishi turd :lol:

It's actually been a really good little rig for what I paid for it. It's 11 years older and actually has more options than the Ram does :eek:
If it does it's job then it's good to go....

#7 ·
Put a Smarty Tuner on last week. Them suckers are powerful. I have it set on software #5 only one level above safe for stock clutch. I have that tune reduced to 60% and it's safe. If I raise the level up to 70% it makes the clutch slip on a 60mph pull. Actually it's safe at 65% but I wanted to play it safe... ;)
I'll swap to a twin disk when I change it....

#9 ·
It's supposed to also increase mileage. I have a hard time believing that with wanting to play at every light. It'll definitely step away from traffic...

#10 ·
Been dragging my feet on doing anything on the QC. A couple weeks ago I tapped the air horn for two 1/8" pipe fittings. One fitting for the boost gage and the other as a spare for maybe w/m? Had a boss on the exhaust manifold that was already tapped and simply removed the plug and screwed in the temp sensor for the Pryro gauge. This morning had a hour or so to be in the garage and mounted the gauges on the A pillar. Fooled around with resistors to get the gauge lights (incandescent ugh) like I want and didn't finish... But it's slowly coming together a little at a time...

#11 ·
Nice!

We will so be I stalling the Train horns on the mega cab very shortly been sitting in my garage to long lol. I rebuilt them and have a compressor coming for the 5gallon tank that is also going under the rear with the horns. The entire setup will be u see the back end complete with a spare section of hose to air up tired and what not if need be also.

#12 ·
I'm not a fan of train horns, had one blown while sitting on some tracks. Still think about it everytime I cross the rails.... Scared the living sh!t out of me,,,, lol As for having a compressor and tank, I had one on my old desert truck when I was in California and used it everytime I went out in the sand.. which was often..

#14 ·
My support vehicle just happens to have a Hemi as well...:coolsmiley:

#15 ·
That is a beautiful setup you have. Sweet!

#16 ·
Worked on the QC boost and pyro gauges today. Got the wiring run, just need to make a power and ground connection. The Pyro is wired, but I came up short one little ferro to connect the boost tubing. Calls for a run to town ugggh.... Should have it up and running tomorrow.

#17 ·
Today Red was the support vehicle for QC, made the trip to get the gauge tubing. Red is great fun to drive. Finished the gauge install on the QC. Mods all done on her... ;)

#18 ·
Here's gauges in the 07 QC..

#20 ·
Keith, thanks with the tuner I figured Pyro and boost to be minimum requirement. Got two more things that need to be done and then finished. It needs more clutch and a DDT differential.

#22 ·
Keith, what tuner are you using that'll lift a head on stage 2?
That's a powerful tuner to say the least. Well done....

#23 ·
Smarty junior! Called them and asked about the three stages the tuner has and was told stage 1 was for mpg is what he called it. Stage 2 is towing and better mpg (may lift head of not careful). Then stage 3 all out fun and power will lift head guaranteed! This is from the smarty rep I called and asked. I asked because I wanted the best mpg I could get. Was told to run the tow tune (stage 2 with injectors advanced to level 4 out of 5) but need head studs for that safety just incase Becca has to jump on it don't need a popped head rite now.

So basically stage2 with level 4 is the best all around mpg. He said should be able to get around 18/20 in city if not hot rodding it.

#24 ·
That's good to call the rep. I'm using the other Smarty and one stage above safe for stock trans whether auto or clutch. I have it reduced to 65%. I'll probably install the studs to make it safer. First need a clutch.

#25 ·
My hemi is supporting my hemi support vehicle. Rusty rotors that I can't get shined up. They keep cutting my pads off and I think I have a wheel bearing issue on the passenger front. Looking at new bearings and rotors both sides on the Mitsubishi. The rear rotors came out awesome. I turned those myself but the fronts are pitted on the outer edge. I'd have to take a ton of material off.

Attachments

#27 ·
That's why we're going with new this time. I tried turning them once but the rust damage was too deep. It's like a cancer, if you don't get it all out it comes back. I took about ÂĽ of the material off last time and didn't get to the bottom of the pitting. I was hoping they would stay shined up but no such luck lol

#29 ·
:D:lol:

#30 ·
I love this Mitsubishi. Both front rotors new, 4 front wheel bearings(they are servicable! :D), and brake pads for the bad bearing side comes to $195 with tax from local carquest :D

The only bad thing is that I dislike packing bearings with grease. So messy :rolleyes: :lol:

#31 ·
Ew. Gross. :lol:

Attachments

#32 ·
Don't need no stink'n brakes..... lol

#33 ·
Actually they were working fine lol I've been watching them and the pads wore quicker than they should have.....like 90% gone in 9000 miles.......there's no fixing them without new parts lol

Can you tell which side I took more material off trying to turn them last summer? Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.