Hemi Truck Club banner

helping others

883 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  04ramhemi4x4 
#1 ·
How many of y'all have given money to someone on the side of the road that looked like they could really use it and its not a scam? Before I go through my experience today I just want to say I don't give money out to just anyone but I have a few times and in those few instances when I did all 3 seperate occasions they all had tears in their eye which got to me. Now today I was at work and I work for a shop but not a full mechanic shop (going to keep the name disclosed) and I'm a salesman/mechanic supervisor I could say even though its not my title. Well I pulled a car into the shop and it seemed like it wasnt doing so hot. The side mirrors, rearview mirror, and pretty much the whole car was shaking. The lady was in there to get 2 tires. She needed an alignment pretty bad as thats part of my job to check each car on this new machine we got that checks everything out from alignment to battery health, tread depth of each tire and so on. Well I approached her and showed her the paper that showed the front total toe and both rear right and rear left camber were out pretty bad. The first thing that she said to me was that I can't afford to anything else. I know I need it but will have to wait until my next paycheck. Which I could look in her eyes and see that she was struggling with money as her 15 yr old or so daughter was sitting with her. I told her bring it back whenever you can and I will make sure that we get you a discount on the alignment. So I marked in the computer and made a comment so that when she comes in to get the alignment that she will get a nice little discount on that. When I checked her out I also gave her a free oil change card as well because its not every day that stuff gets to me like that and try to help out others when its truly necessary. Sorry for the long story but felt I would like to share and wanted to hear others stories…

I know y'all got some

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes there are many legitimate situations involving good people with philanthropic solutions...and then there are those that purchase prime steaks for their dogs to eat because their EBT Card will not accept the purchase of regular dog food :banghead:.

:facepalm:

#3 ·
I agree with you on that, I have witnessed both. When I use to work at Costco people would come in and buy PRIME steaks with their EBT cards instead of the basics like eggs, milk, bread and potatoes. That kind of stuff bothers me. Also those people that drag their kids into the situations and they are all wearing really nice clothes with not a speck of dirt on them.

I also feel that not as many people do deeds like this anymore because sometimes it hard to tell if that person really needs the money or whatever it is or just simply faking it.

#5 ·
I had a buddy who watched one of these "homeless" guys for hours then followed him a half mile down the road and watched him get into a failrly new Cadillac CTS and drive off. That's the stuff I don't like. Also (I don't know if this is true or not) but they did a pole to see how much homeless ppl make in ATL and they came up with $80k a year for some

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.