Hemi Truck Club banner

#$%^&(! snow

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  MANual_puller 
#1 ·
Got a fresh 7 inches of snow overnight. There's at least 16 inches on my driveway. I have a 1/4 of a mile gravel driveway that's a bit hilly. I got the Farmtruck out to the road, but I think the wife's AWD is too low and Red doesn't stand a chance. The road hasn't been plowed so it was really a waste of time doing anything. But the tire tracks will help with the snow melting. Did I mention I don't like cold and that includes snow...... :trash:

#3 ·
When I'm stuck at the house and can't get out it keeps me from getting anything done. Oh well it is what it is... lol

#5 ·
I hear you. And my wife says she misses that crap. :facepalm:
Not me. I'll take the Florida winters any day. :coolsmiley:

#6 ·
I hate being cold, give me a cold beer sitting on the beach anytime....

#9 ·
Doug, I'm with you, I'm more tolerant of heat than I am cold. I get depressed with cold dark days and just shut down...

#12 ·
Oddly enough, I find serenity when it snows around our new digs. We have a long enough driveway, that it "might" (?) bogg my wife's XC60 AWD if it accumulates a couple of feet of snow. Same scenario, certainly would have little effect on my truck to travel to the pavement. The thing is, we haven't witnessed a couple of feet of snow here...Yet. The most we've seen, where we live in the Rockies, is 12 to 16 inches. Most of the snow melts off one or two days when the sun hits it. Considering the alternative from where I have lived for the last 60 years...I'll take the snow any day. Miserable and dangerous when it's 116, you need to change a flat and you have all the water evap from the brain kooks hauling tail only inches from your side.

I suppose the ole' saying applies here; To each their own.

#13 ·
I'd rather be sweating my a$$ off then not to be able to feel my fingers and toes....

#18 ·
Often times here in Texas you have the opportunity to do both - sometimes in the same week :eek:.

:lol:
Heck, sometimes it's the same day. We had some nasty stuff but I tried not to whine too much because others had it much worst.

If we're taking a poll I prefer cold over heat.

#16 ·
And it's -8 this morning in Iowa.....wind chills below -20 :eek:

#17 ·
:avatar: :facepalm:

#20 ·
We can get 1.5 FEET and the boss will ask why I was 5 minutes late.....:facepalm: 1.5" is nothin, that's almost the perfect amount for snowdrifting if it hasn't been plowed :brows:

#21 ·
We've had so much cold weather this year. It stinks! Had freezing rain the last couple of days. At 7:30 this morning is was 30° freezing rain. Had been in the mid 20's most of the week. By 8:30 we had an inch and a half of snow. That's when the pictures were taken. Still snowing at a quarter till 12 but not as hard.
Now I get to go driving in it...... Kids got back from Vegas about midnight so we're meeting them half way...about 50 miles from here to give them the grand baby back. She has been a ball but we're beat now. :)

Attachments

#24 ·
Still have snow on the roofs, suppose to have another 3-6 inches tonight. Then 3 or 4 days of low temperatures. I would really like to see this snow melt off.

#25 ·
:fighting0092:

Attachments

#28 ·
Yep got 6-8 inch last night. I'm buried until this melts. Did I mention I hate cold....

#30 ·
Agreed....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.