Zapping My Eye Tomorrow - Hemi Truck Club
 
Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
 
RockyMtnXpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 2,290
Oh the joys of getting old!

For about 10 years or so I have been diagnosed with glaucoma in both eyes. During that time, it has been kept in check, with medications (eye drops). For the last couple of months, the pressure in my left eye has shot right up to that danger zone. After having it checked, several times the past couple of weeks, it would be moderately high to sky high. Not good. This action is similar to taking a piece of metal and bending it back and forth several times before it breaks. So! Tomorrow is the 'Big Day'. My left eye and I will be going through a little procedure known as Titanium Sapphire Laser Trabeculoplasty. It's suppose to be 'No Big Deal' as long as I lie still and don't move. There is a 2% failure rate on it successfully working after the procedure. For the other 98%, this procedure is good for 6 months to a year before the pressure starts again.

__________________
RockyMtnXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
 
RockyMtnXpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 2,290
Oh the joys of getting old!

For about 10 years or so I have been diagnosed with glaucoma in both eyes. During that time, it has been kept in check, with medications (eye drops). For the last couple of months, the pressure in my left eye has shot right up to that danger zone. After having it checked, several times the past couple of weeks, it would be moderately high to sky high. Not good. This action is similar to taking a piece of metal and bending it back and forth several times before it breaks. So! Tomorrow is the 'Big Day'. My left eye and I will be going through a little procedure known as Titanium Sapphire Laser Trabeculoplasty. It's suppose to be 'No Big Deal' as long as I lie still and don't move. There is a 2% failure rate on it successfully working after the procedure. For the other 98%, this procedure is good for 6 months to a year before the pressure starts again.
__________________
RockyMtnXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
KEN
 
BAMA-HEMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Albertville, AL
Posts: 4,224
Garage
__________________
.
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi
.
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mrs.BIG BLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ludlow, VT
Posts: 2,381
__________________


"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."--Anonymous

Member # 3568

Mrs.BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ROLLING THUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wesley Chapel
Posts: 9,402
Garage
Quote:
Titanium Sapphire Laser Trabeculoplasty
The name alone is enough to chike a horse

You have been added to our prayer list. Keep a positive attude my friend.
__________________
I was always taught to respect my elders but, it keeps getting harder to find any.


http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Director Emeritus
 
MrHemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western NC
Posts: 40,856
Garage
__________________
2003 Ram 5.7 HEMI RC 2WD - Supercharged. 520 HP, 14 mpg... SOLD
2006 SRT8 GC AWD 6.1 HEMI - 420 HP, 16 mpg... SOLD
2005 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 - bone stock work truck... SOLD
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
5SpeedHemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,713
Everything will work out great for you !!
__________________
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
Board of Directors (Jay)
 
Superjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Isle of Palms, SC
Posts: 43,454
__________________
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17



Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Greg
 
Redtruck-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,181
Garage
Good Luck!
__________________
2003 RCSB, 2wd, "Pro-Street"
6.4L/cog driven V7-Ysi/46rh trans/HTH Truckarm coilover suspension. HP Tuning...

1956 Jeep Willys Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD
 
Mrs.Studmuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denison, TX
Posts: 10,300
__________________
.
Not everyone can be queen.....there has to be someone standing on the curb to wave as I go by.
.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
n2 Speed Edge InTune Edge OCPerformance Parts

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.