Ya know.. sometime DODGE really friggin SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

Yea I guess you could say that I'm just a LITTLE ** PISSED right now..........................

Ever since I've bought this truck I keep finding little things that Dodge is doing to friggin piss me off more and more.......

Ok, first part was when the hood scoop plastic piece on my truck broke while it was under warrenty. I go to the dealer and the service writer tells me, "Yup! It's broken" but then adds, "I'm sorry but that is NOT covered by your warrenty, it's a TRIM item and I am forced to pay for a new one.

Number Next?

This is after the first new model Challenger comes out with that pretty Tangerine Orange paint job. What does Dodge do? They take MY paint code and put it on the Challenger's paint!

Number Next Next?????

Recently I had to help my Son move some boxes of new couches that he bought to his house. Ok,I go to Costco after removing the Spoiler and help him move them - damn HEAVY boxes too! LOL

Anywho.. after helping him I came back home and started to put the Spoiler back on - I had earlier removed the spoiler by taking out the front 2 bolts and then using it's slip on/slip off feature with the back 2... Well when I went to put it back on, the bolt head on the drivers side simply popped off and the rest of the bolt fell to the floor under the truck. Since I did not have 2 I put the spoiler on the bench and then went back down to the body shop to talk to them about it. Apparently when they repainted the spoiler in Sept last year after that accident when they put it back on they used an air wrench and over tightened the bolts to the breaking point and that one snapped off. I have not touched the other one at all. The body shop told me they'd get a replacement and let me know when it came in. It's been a week and 3 days and I checked with them this morning in person and they told me Dodge keeps sending the wrong bolts. After coming back home I called 2 different Dodge dealers and found out that the Daytona Spoiler Mounting Kit (the bolts) is no longer in production or being sold.

Ok...........

NOW WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to the body shop owner again and he's going to check with one of his guys and see if maybe that they can machine a new one for me (hopefully a pair) but it's gonna take MORE time..

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Gary

Its been years and I havent located the bolts. I even bought a new wing and the bolts where missing. If you find them please let me know .

New ride
2013 Ram Crew Cab Sport
No Mods
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #3

For those who do not know what I'm talking about here's 2 screen shots - the first is the underside of the spoiler, there is now no way to bolt it down and the second is the one good bolt that I have on the truck that I'm afraid to touch - you can see how they designed the bolt so that the rear of the spoiler is just a slide on:

I may have to force the body shop to go to a machine shop and have 2 new ones made with a lathe - if not,I have no way to reinstall it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Mopower or no Power!!

Check with Fastenal. They should have one. if not any machine shop should be able to make that relatively easy....

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #5

Thanx Duane - hope all is going well for you and the family!

Gary, I talked to a friend on FaceBook who works in Parts at a Dodge Dealership in Louisiana and he's going to do some investigation tomorrow. I'll let ya know what happens after I find out what ever I can.

My only other resort if this can not be corrected is to try to piece together some parts from a hardware store and see what I can come up with.....

Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Mopower or no Power!!

Quote:
Thanx Duane - hope all is going well for you and the family!
Doing good now buddy. Tell you what, if you can get me some measurements, or better yet, send me the old broken part, I will see what I can do for you. I have to go to my machinist friend's shop soon anyway...

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
Greg

Garage
Not as elegant as OEM bolt but I would think it would be fairly easy to modify a carriage bolt as a replacement. Maybe in stainless.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/...gId=-1&storeId=10051

1956 Jeep Willys Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #8

Garage
sorry to hear the problems, hope it all works out..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0592.JPG (62.7 KB, 58 views)

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #9

Have you guy's tried any of the after market manuf. to see if they might have a kit?
TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #10

My friend from FB sent me an email and confirmed that they were discontinued as of May 2012 but he also sent a link that said that the link below has them - checking that now:

http://www.partswebsite.com/hendrickmoparparts/