Hemi Truck Club banner

Why I quit supporting GM products after 24 years.

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MANual_puller 
#1 ·
#3 ·
To be honest my first truck was a 1992 Silverado, 5.0 5 speed. It burned more oil than gas and I believe it only had 7 complete spark plug wires. Everything rattled, but I was having so much fun grinding through those getrag gears that it never mattered! :facepalm:

#4 ·
My 2006 hemi has a 6 speed manual :smitten:

#5 ·
What kind of mileage do you see with the heavy duty? I guess 13 banging through gears would be just as good as a half ton getting 13 with an auto. Can it get 13??? lol

I saw a work truck package 2004 reg cab long bed 2500 with crank windows and a stick go for like 3500 on craigslist last month. It had 187k on it though and West Virginia salt is kind to no vehicle, so I passed on her.

#6 ·
If I manage to keep the right foot out of it, very tempting btw lol, and keep it to speed limits I've gotten as good as 14.8 out of it. Mine's an SLT so it's got power windows, locks, heated power mirrors and cruise.

#8 ·
this is deff a true story i have changed a ton of these switches out at work for being stuck or cust sayin car just turns off. funny thing is the recall on my service websites is either gone or in a hidden spot bacause i cant find it.

#9 ·
Hi All,

After the experience I had with a brand new 2007 GMC Canyon I would not buy another GM. They flat out ignored the TSB's for my truck and then refused to have a tech ride with me so I could show them the issues which included overheating after a short idle period, rattle in the drive train, and ABS failure indicator after panic stops. Doesn't that just fill you with confidence. Makes you want to move out of the way if you see a GM coming doesn't it.

preachp

#11 ·
I haven't dealt with GM for a long time. What caught my attention on the recent GM recalls is that they said we are not responsible for anything that occurred prior to the bankruptcy due to that was the "old" company that company doesn't exist any longer. So they go through bankruptcy, get a government bailout and now are a completely new company that just happens to have the same name, organization structure and physical facilities. I say BullSh!t.....

#16 ·
:iagree:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.