Well poop! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Well I wasn't going to do many mods to the new truck anyway. After seeing Brad's new truck with the sport hood I sure did want one.
Anyway I'm going to have to have a water well dug. A lot of you are aware of the drought we've had....19" below on rain this year, 18" last year and the "experts" say it isn't about to end for what may be years. With the lakes going dry it's just a matter of time until water will be like finding hens teeth. I decided to bite the bullet and have one dug before the state starts taxing wells. There has been a push for a few years to claim ground water as state property and make people pay for what mother nature put in the ground. Most agree that any law that does get passed will be for new wells. So I'm going to beat the government to it's on game.....I hope! Either way we can't do without water and there are more people moving to Texas everyday. It may be great for the economy but without water what are they going to do? No new lakes are being built and the ones we have are going dry. Anyway there went my mods and probably a vacation or two.
At least for a while.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Well I wasn't going to do many mods to the new truck anyway. After seeing Brad's new truck with the sport hood I sure did want one.
Anyway I'm going to have to have a water well dug. A lot of you are aware of the drought we've had....19" below on rain this year, 18" last year and the "experts" say it isn't about to end for what may be years. With the lakes going dry it's just a matter of time until water will be like finding hens teeth. I decided to bite the bullet and have one dug before the state starts taxing wells. There has been a push for a few years to claim ground water as state property and make people pay for what mother nature put in the ground. Most agree that any law that does get passed will be for new wells. So I'm going to beat the government to it's on game.....I hope! Either way we can't do without water and there are more people moving to Texas everyday. It may be great for the economy but without water what are they going to do? No new lakes are being built and the ones we have are going dry. Anyway there went my mods and probably a vacation or two.
At least for a while.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #3

Garage
Fresh water is one of the main reasons the wife doesn't want to move, living on the Great Lakes almost guarentees water. She has a ton of reasons to move but the lake wins for now

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Board of Directors

Garage
You got to do what you got to do to survive. Good luck on the well.

Mods: Coming Soon

cruel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #5

"RANCHER",

I hear you loud and clear .

I've drilled a back up and also run a line to the coop system...if this lasts for years we're screwed .

HemiFun05
"Doc"
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #6

Go get em, Rancher!

'03 1500 Ram Quad Cab, 4 x 4 Laramie package - Beautiful Black - Umm, does Synth. Oil Count as a Mod?
Flowmaster 40 - GRRRR. 3rd Strike CAI.... hmm.... what's next?

My '03 Truck 2006-2011/My New Challenger

http://www.lovemyoldhome.com
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by HemiFun05:
"RANCHER",
I hear you loud and clear .
I've drilled a back up and also run a line to the coop system...if this lasts for years we're screwed .

HemiFun05
"Doc"
It's really getting spooky around here. People in the cities just don't have a clue as to how much water we all use. Somewhere around 12 million people in the D/FW area run out of water all hell is going to break loose. They just don't realize how bad it really is. The few showers that have come through rain on the cities. They seem to think it's all alright. Water runs down the gutters and into the lakes.... Just because the lakes are 12' low doesn't seem to register. Their sprinklers run water out onto the streets..no big deal right.
There tone will change when they turn on the tap and nothing comes out.
I said years ago that at the rate we were growing and not building any new lakes some day water would be as expensive as gas. Well if things don't change it just might happen. I've been wrong before..so have the weather people and climatologist. I'm gambling a chunk of money that they are closer than folks want to believe. This is one time that I really hope I am way off.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
Look on the bright side Doug, by the time you go to get a hood there will probably be some other styles available and ones that are functional, not just a piece of plastic stuck in the scoop.
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
not just a piece of plastic stuck in the scoop.
I wont be having one of those.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #10

good luck with the well Doug... A friend of mine just got done having one dug in S.W. Hopkins county... they hit the 3rd aquifer at 458', push on down to 500 and hit shell. Even the 3rd aquifer (suppose to the one with the best water quality), is loaded with iron. Now he is having to invest in a water filter/softener system for the inside lines.
06'-Ram-Hemi-Pearl Black-112 Spartan Cam-HHP/BES Stage 3 CNC Heads-Long Tubes-4.56 gears-Magnaflow-AEM CAI-Wideband-Diablo Dyno Tuned By XPSolutions-TCM tunes and PCM tweaks made WILD by Whitelighting 152,000 miles, 2nd trans (8.20s 1/8th, street weight, stock stall, on slicks)
06'-Magnum R/T-Hemi-Pearl Black-Diablo Tune-Magnaflow (8.80s, with the car seats)
02'-Yukon XL-2500-4x4-Prius Eating Gas Guzzling-Work Truck

http://youtu.be/jgAWnaRLfv8

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.." Thomas Jefferson
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote