UPS sucks!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #1

Use caution if you send something with personal value via UPS. My stepfather died late last year and this year my mom sold her house and moved into an apartment. She packaged up some of my childhood mementos that I wanted saved. I wasn't able to pick up the package during my last visit so I arranged to have UPS pick it up and ship it out to OH. Today after two weeks of waiting I just got the official notice from them that they can't find the package anywhere. So much for electronic tracking ...

In their wonderfully polite customer service email they said they strive for excellent service and look forward to serving me in the future. Fat chance of that!

All I need to submit my claim for payment is to provide adequate documentation such as an original invoice or other certified documentation of the value. How do you put a dollar amount on something that can't be replaced?

I figure it is just cheaper for them to pay a claim rather than pay the labor cost of someone looking for it. Especially if I can't produce adequate documentation. And then they can just hide behind statistics of how many shipments they make a day.

Oh...and on top of everything else they keep calling on the phone with rude customer service hounding us to pay the shipping bill. We just estimated the cost to schedule the pick up, then they billed us once the actual package was weighed and measured.

So I have to pay them to ship a package they lost and I can't substantiate the value to get anything from them. All I want is my package of memories!

Please help rattle some cages at UPS. Spread this message around if you want to help inspire them to take a second look for my package of memories.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

2012 Hemi Durango Crew, True Blue

Check out my band
View our videos

Black Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #2

Use caution if you send something with personal value via UPS. My stepfather died late last year and this year my mom sold her house and moved into an apartment. She packaged up some of my childhood mementos that I wanted saved. I wasn't able to pick up the package during my last visit so I arranged to have UPS pick it up and ship it out to OH. Today after two weeks of waiting I just got the official notice from them that they can't find the package anywhere. So much for electronic tracking ...

In their wonderfully polite customer service email they said they strive for excellent service and look forward to serving me in the future. Fat chance of that!

All I need to submit my claim for payment is to provide adequate documentation such as an original invoice or other certified documentation of the value. How do you put a dollar amount on something that can't be replaced?

I figure it is just cheaper for them to pay a claim rather than pay the labor cost of someone looking for it. Especially if I can't produce adequate documentation. And then they can just hide behind statistics of how many shipments they make a day.

Oh...and on top of everything else they keep calling on the phone with rude customer service hounding us to pay the shipping bill. We just estimated the cost to schedule the pick up, then they billed us once the actual package was weighed and measured.

So I have to pay them to ship a package they lost and I can't substantiate the value to get anything from them. All I want is my package of memories!

Please help rattle some cages at UPS. Spread this message around if you want to help inspire them to take a second look for my package of memories.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

Check out my band
View our videos

Old 10-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Director Emeritus

Garage
Sorry to hear this...
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
That stinks David. FedEx is even worse.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #5

That really sucks.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Board of Directors (Jay)

What state was it shipped from?
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #7

Maryland to Ohio. Their system shows it making it to PA, but nothing after that.

Check out my band
View our videos

Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #8

Garage
I live in PA, and have a good friend that works at the PA UPS.

PM me and I will try and help..

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #9

Thanks a bunch, Rod.

PM sent.

Check out my band
View our videos