Undercover Tonneau Cover - stay away? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #1

Undercover Tonneau Cover - stay away?

As many of you know I have raved about my Undercover for years! Today, I am here to tell a different story. One of poor customer service and a man by the name of David Wells. I will start this by stating that my Undercover is out of warranty and that it served me well while it was on my truck. That is, until the clear coat started to lift around one of the locks. My wife sent a email and pictures to Adam at Undercover showing the problem. After a few phone calls and a email for Mr. Wells, I called in to talk about my problem with him. This is where things go wrong - Mr. Wells was short and very ill that I had called him about my troubles, his lack of customer service skills and the ability to turn this around as something that I did to "MY" cover were unbelievable. I asked him what product might have caused this and was told that it was a long list - but "it was something that I did, besides it out of warranty and that's it". OK - yes it out of warranty. I'm not so bent that they won't fix it, but being talked to like I was by Mr. Wells and then being hung up on - made me ask this question - Would I want my fellow member here at the HTC to be treated this way? No, not even close. I want to let everyone who has one or anyone who is thinking about getting one to rethink his or her purchase. This is a simple FYI to my Hemi brothers - use caution when buying from Undercover.

Quote:
quote: We appreciate very much your pictures concerning the complaint with your cover. After reviewing the pictures and considering the age of this cover, I regret we will not be able to offer you any extended warranty. The fact the cover is out of warranty is certainly something we consider, but we still retain the right to consider all issues before we take this position. The pictures suggest a product was used on the locks for some reason, since the defect is just around the lock. There are many products that consumers use to handle rust, fading or freezing that will damage the ABS material.

I realize you will feel we have not lived up to your expectations with our product; we do not make decisions like this without considering your feelings about us. If you were to choose to buy another Undercover, I would offer you a rebate of $75 directly from us. All you would have to do is provide me with serial number and receipt.

Again, we do thank you for your original purchase and regret this issue at hand.

To bad he didn't feel the same way while telling me he wasn't going to take any "crap" from me. Again, FYI

Go Navy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #2

UsmcMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #3

Here is a few pictures

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #4

Another

Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #5

One More.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #6

Guys - HemiSteve had the same problem! Again, they are probably a good company - but Mr. Wells must have had a bad morning or I caught him before is coffee - at any rate his attitude stunk while he was talking at me (notice I didn't say to me) Guys - buyer beware - that's all I'm saying.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #7

sorry to here about this!
roberx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #8

who does Mr. Wells work for? THAT would have been my question to HIM.
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #9

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of buying one of the new smooth ones when they come out later this year, but maybe I'll go another route.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #10

I purchased mine from American Truck in woodbury. ANy problems with the cover I have taken it to them and they fixed it w/o a prob. Because I had one of my locls freeze up and wont turn. When I took it back to them (had cover 2 years) they took the locks off the demo and gave me the keys for it. Shame that you got treated the way you did. Im sure they could have been nicer.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote