Hemi Truck Club banner

Today at work!

21K views 194 replies 34 participants last post by  Trapper 
#1 ·
This thread could be cool. Post up random/cool stuff done at work. Don't post anything will jeopardize your job some company's watch you.

Today at work cust demanded he wanted all new factory pre-bent brake lines. Well the only way to do that is like this. Cab off in 30 mins 6' high. Made changing the lines a piece of cake. 7hrs to the cust for book time and happy as can be.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That is very cool move. I don't think I would have thought of it. I did do a body swap once when converting a 2wd to a 4x4. Then stuck the 2wd chassis under the old 4x4 body and sold it as a driver. ;)

#5 ·
For the last 7 years at work I've been making "blend" that gets compressed into vitamins. Not much excitement but it's neat how we can take 50+ different minerals and vitamins and turn it into a uniform blend. Oh and by the way you can buy the store-brand vitamins! That's what we make and we HAVE to be exactly the same as name brand per FDA regs. :)

#6 ·
I am retired, but there are days I feel like I am back to work.

By example...

About a week and ½ ago, we ordered 15 ton of landscape gravel. They delivered the wrong gravel and dumped it off in two piles. My wife came home from shopping and immediately went into a tailspin. Wrong gravel! She was right and I failed to look closer when they delivered the gravel. A phone call later, they were back out there scraping up what they could with a couple of frontloaders. Needless to say, the frontloader operators had to finish it off with shovels and rakes. Not wanting to miss out on that fun, I headed out there with my shovel and rake and joined in. A day later they delivered the right landscape gravel and I proceeded to move 15 ton, in two days, via shovel and wheel barrel. Our front yard is starting to take shape. It's still a little bit of a ♦ in the rough, but we're getting there.

Great idea for a thread, Keith!

#7 ·
Keith, do you really want to know? But I will be happy to share with you and all our Hemi Family. Sitting at the desk ,with open Bible and preparing tomorrow's Sermon Outline,, you should have asked a couple weeks back. tomorrow's sermon will be:

THE LIFE THAT PLEASES GOD
1 PETER 3:1-12, Eph.5:22-30
1. Wives
A.Be Submissive
B.Be Respectful
C.Be Gentle & Quiet
2. Husbands
A. Be Understanding
B. Be Respectful
C. So That
3. Every One
A. Be Harmonious
B. Be Sympathetic
C. Be Brotherly
D. Be Kindhearted
E. Be Humble

#8 ·
Not having a paying job I'm not sure it counts but I've spent the last week mowing,,with the lawn mower and tractor. Weedeating and edging. This morning I weedeated the corral and loading shut, around the shed and them mowed inside. Then went up front and buried 220' of new waterline. After lunch I get to go out and do some more. I should finish just in time to start over. It never ends until everything dies from the drought..... Oh we got .05" of rain this morning. Didn't even get the drive way good and wet... Had 70 to 30% chances of rain all week and this was what we got. :(

#13 ·
#14 ·
got crazy slammed today at work have 23hrs of flat rate work to finish in 7 hrs tomm going to be fun i am going to be running rampant. we also have 2 new guys that are not worth a ....... at all dont even know how to rack some vehicles. thats the scariest part.

#17 ·
My place is not a training center at all pretty much if you dont know it your gone within a week. if you lied to get hired your gone faster. my place is known as a revolving door for liars and people that cant hack it. we are the busiest shop in saint lucie county. we crank out work its unreal and im the only Master Tech/Mechanic there.everyone else is a general service/oil tech. i am currently training another guy that has been there for 2 years and actually knows how to grasp info/stuff he is shown/told.

#18 ·
Ooh, ooh!!!! I can change oil, inflate tires to maxium capacity, and fill the windshield washer reservoir with antifreeze. Are you excepting applications?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.