Hemi Truck Club banner

Tid bits!!!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RANCHER 
#1 ·
We all have a lot of knowledge and experience that we often take for granted. Things that we usually "assume" that everyone else knows too. For some reason I was thinking about my Navigation system today and got to wondering how many people put their actual "Home Address" in their Nav system? For most people it wouldn't make any difference, but if someone steels your truck/car all they have to do is hit the Navigation System and tell it to take them "Home". If you use your "Home link" system they now have your truck and access to your garage and home. That can never be a good thing!!!
I use my Navigation on our vacation trips and have had to ask i t to "take me home" a time or two. But for me home, according to my Navigation system is 10 miles away. The main intersection in our little town.
What little tid bit of information do you have that someone else might not have thought of?
Other than you don't spit into the wind etc. :)

#3 ·
Maybe use the local police station as home? ;)

#5 ·
That's a great suggestion. :thumb:

#8 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Actually my wife had a Garmin portable GPS in her Canyon before we traded it in on the Ram and it got broken into. The police showed up at our door and said" Is this yours?"
We said "Yes it is. How did you get it?"
He said "Did you let somebody borrow it?"
We said "No!"
He said "I didn't think so. There has been a rash of car break-ins and we found this in the suspects possession. We looked up the Go Home address and this is where we ended up. Please check your vehicles and make sure nothing else is missing."
So we did and there was, but because of that GPS GO Home entry we got all our stuff back, and they nailed the crooks having caught them with our stuff in their grubby little mitts. Of course they took pictures of everything but hey I can live with that.
Probably a good thing they caught him and me, or I might of decided to teach him the metric system starting with 9mm.
preachp

#11 ·
Here is a Tid Bit. :D

If pulled over...hand the officer your Drivers License when asked, along with your CWP. (Should be right there in your wallet next to each other).

This will save a bunch of aggravation and time for both parties. ;)

(If you don't know what a CWP is, don't ask). :confused:

#12 ·
Here is a Tid Bit. :D

If pulled over...hand the officer your Drivers License when asked, along with your CWP. (Should be right there in your wallet next to each other).

This will save a bunch of aggravation and time for both parties. ;)

(If you don't know what a CWP is, don't ask). :confused:

:iagree: However from my own experience here in Texas they already know that you're CC when they pull you over if you're in any vehicle registered to you :thumb:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.