This needs to spread from sea to shining sea! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #1

Garage
The fines aren't enough, but they're a start.

http://autos.aol.com/article/n...pay/?test=latestnews

Old 03-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #2

Garage
The fines aren't enough, but they're a start.

http://autos.aol.com/article/n...pay/?test=latestnews
Old 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage
People who hog the hammer lane and won't move over for traffic are a big hazard and a pet peeve of mine.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #4

i agree

Gone but not Forgotten
07 laramie 5.7 hemi 4x4 QC Dynatech supermax headers, 4.56 gears, Vararam CAI, Black magic E fan. Alluminum driveshaft JVCnx7000 head unit 2-12" kicker comp, 2-6 1/2" alpine and 2 alpine 6x9 2 fosgate power amps 800 4 ch. &1500 1ch. 20" rims. Flex a lite E fan..160 db train horn. Diablo with custom tune from HEMIFEVER and White Lightning, Fastman throttle body

EVILRAM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

A little common sense coming out of an otherwise retarded state.

isclaimer: HTC members aren't included in that blanket statement.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I hate slow drivers in the left lane.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #7

I'll be the antagonist here . I actually think that article and its stance is some BS. At least on two cases.

1.) A speed limit is just that, the limit, not recommended or minimum as people treat it these days (now yes if the speed limit is 55 and you're doing 50 then move over) I actually drive 5-7 over since obeying the law is more suspicious then breaking it. Virginia is pretty notorious for speed enforcement to which I applaud and wish a lot of states were as strict.

2.). If I'm driving to work like I do every morning at 5-7 over and passing right lane traffic consistently yet someone needs to do 10-15 over the limit my thoughts are this "get over it". I generally move out of the way when there's room and I don't have to adjust my speed when doing so. Tail gating, flashing high beams, honking horn in fact slows me down and I look to actually block said ******* in. For as long as I can, if he goes all road rage we can address that game when I come to a stop. Or if he doesnt see my brake lights in time they can suck tow hitch....

Just my .02 though.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

kinda-sorta

I don't slow down if they want to go all ballistic and I certainly don't want to 'address that game'. My little frail body can't stop bullets fired from someone's gun that live on the fringe. 5-7 over...No faster, no slower and I live to ignore while keeping a watchful eye open.

BTW - You should see me in a 'residential zones'. 25-26 on the money and the people who believe they're Parnell Jones, stuck behind me, is priceless.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #9

Well I'm not saying I'll pull right over for the fight but if they follow me home or wherever I will let it be known their life is in danger for threatening mine. I'm not the very passive type when threatened and my patience for bs is just negligible at best.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
"If" I'm in the left lane and someone comes up I'll gladly move over and let them by..unless they get on my nerves. On two lane roads the ones I have problems with are those driving 50/55 in a 70 mph speed zone. Get your dumb *** over and don't block up traffic for a mile behind your. Then there is the dip $h%& that wont go around them. Now you have 2 or 3 blocking up a whole string of traffic. Give them a ticket for obstructing traffic and let everyone go on their way. In town I drive pretty close to the speed limit. On the highway I'm usually 5 over. Most officers will allow you 7 here and not give you a hassle. Don't want any issues with anyone, but don't crowd me to the breaking point either.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote