Hemi Truck Club banner

The time has come

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  RANCHER 
#1 ·
Well friends the time has come for me to step down from the Board of Directors. I'm not leaving the club by any means, but after almost 10 years on the Board it's time for me to step aside and let someone with new ideas step up. It's been a lot of fun. Many of our members that have moved on will always be with me..in spirit and pictures anyway. Spending time with current friends is always a blast. I (we) have made so many friends here that it really is more like a family than many folks have with real relatives...and we get to choose. Some of the younger members have refereed to me as Pop's or Dad which has always put a smile on my face. I wish there was room to post pictures of many of our friends that we have shared good times with over the years.

With the additions of Bill, Keith and Kima to the Board last year I know it's in great hands and will grow even better. It may have started with the trucks for all of us, but has grown into so much more for many of us.

Best of luck to HTC and the die-hard members that wont let it die through the friendships we have formed. :thumb:

Maybe a few pictures anyway.. :)

#1...2nd HTC Rally...Arlington, Texas 6-25-05
#2...HTC members sweep Louisiana Mopar Nationals, 3-25-06
#3...4th HTC Rally..Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, 6-25-07
#4...5th HTC Rally..Sandusky, Ohio, 7-25-08

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for the time you've put into this family. Without your hard work and diligence, there might not have been a place for all of us newer members to go. Thank you again.

#5 ·
:blush: Thanks to all of you and James believe me it has all been my pleasure.

#1...Battleships and Hemi's, Mobile, Al, 7-23-10
#2...HTC Rally, Carol and I sing, Branson, Mo, 6-18-11
#3...1st HTC Rally, Daytona, FL...where did they all go? :(
#4...8th HTC Rally, Huntsville, AL, 6-20-12...the best part of all Rallies..spending time with friends and relaxing.

Attachments

#8 ·
Doug,
Thanks for everything...., you have helped make this forum a place to call home. You have always been there for me and helped with just about any question or problem I have had since joining. Its going to be hard for me when I get an idea or have an issue not to have you on the Board to talk to about it. Once friends, always friends.......actually more like family.

Aaron

#9 ·
Doug, sorry to hear thats its time to step down but you gotta do what you gotta do please stay around it just will not e the same without you....

#10 ·
Doug have no worries we have this handled. HTC is in goods hands make sure to stick around don't run off but watch out for Tennessee trees our trucks don't like them lol! The current BOD will handle where you are leaving off. This family has grown a lot in the little time I have been a member and you will be missed on the BOD.

#11 ·
Just to lighten this up a bit, when I think of you resigning from the board it reminds me of the this---"If we get a divorce, will you still be my sister?" Thanks my friend for all the good times and fun we've had---and we ain't done yet!
Jay

#14 ·
Just to lighten this up a bit, when I think of you resigning from the board it reminds me of the this---"If we get a divorce, will you still be my sister?" Thanks my friend for all the good times and fun we've had---and we ain't done yet! :dance:
Jay
--------------------------------------------

Very well said Jay :thumb:. The Texas Tribe will continue to seek your input, friendship and ex-officio leadership :).

I propose adding a permanent badge for Doug as :bow: 'Board-of-Directors-Emeritus' :D.

#16 ·
Job well done... Thanks

#19 ·
Rancher- Wow 10 years, thanks for all you've done for HTC. Like others have said, this place wouldn't have been here for us newbies if not for members like you. :bow::bow: I sure hope you will be sticking around!

#21 ·
Hi Doug,
Pretty new here but this is a great site and you can look at it and see a good thing that you were responsible for.
Good luck,

preachp

#22 ·
Thanks preachp, but all I've done is try to keep it simple and help folks enjoy the site. I love people and helping. It's what I've always tried to do in my jobs, and life.
Just getting to old, and to be honest a little burned out after 10 years.

#24 ·
Doug,

You need to hang around still so we can continue to swap jokes and political insights. :facepalm:

#25 ·
Does this mean Aaron is the only 'Official' Sheep keeper ?

Thanks for all you've done for the Club, Doug

#28 ·
Don't start Dave, I saw the start of your sheep collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.