Thank you..... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 02-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #1

Thank you.....

I'm going to try to avoid getting mushy... but you guys know I tend to disappear from here for weeks at a time. Sometimes it seem there is just so much going on in life and issues I need to attend to that leave me too drained at the end of the day to visit the forums. I always find my way back though and think of you all every time I go out in the morning and start that truck.

That said, I just wanted to thank you all for just being the great group of people you are. I've been a little more present here lately and trying to catch up on reading the things I've missed and I have to say that this place, aside from being somewhere I know I can go for honest and reliable advice on the truck, it's a place that is good for your spirits as well.

I'm a pretty stoic person when left to my own devices. There are people I can losen up around, but those tend to be pretty close friends. I have one good friend and when we get together and start talking sh!t, I can get to laughing so hard I nearly cry. Those times are rare for me and my husband is quick to comment " you need to spend more time around her, she never lets her hair down and laughs like that anymore" Of course there's a particular brand of smart [email protected]@ that I find amusing and I say this with respect.... I find that here.

This place never fails to bring a smile to my face, I never visit here without finding at least one post that touches my heart, one post that makes me laugh uncontrollably, and some posts that I can read to learn something I didn't know before about my truck.

We've got the perfect mix of everything here that makes it one stop shoppin' for a cure for a bad day ( I seem to need that alot recently) and it's a safe place for us women who drive these beasts to be taken seriously and treated as peers when it comes to our trucks, as compared to other forums where we would be ignored or talked down to. Of course you all can guess what happens when some man presumes to talk down to me....

Of course there is banter, but some of those I've had the most heated banter with here have turned out to be some of my most treasured friends, becaue in the end, it's all about respect and being able to take a joke for a joke.

So... I guess that was a long, drawn out speech to just say, thanks for this forum, Mr. Hemi, and thank all you members for just being who you are. There's only one other forum, which I happen to admin and am proud of it, where everyone gets along so well and cares so much about everyone else. It's a rare thing to have such a diverse community of people who govern themselves so well. I'm glad you're all here and I'm glad to be a part of it....

Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #2

Thank you.....

Cool.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #3

Garage
Thank you.....

I love a woman of few words.....

How right you are Lori..
D500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Thank you.....

You put a lump in my throat! (shut-up Doug!!!)

Very well said...

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
Getdanet1

Thank you.....

Lori,
I will be sending over a crack member of my staff to lend you a hand and ease your burdens
Don't even think of trying to pay me.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #6

Thank you.....

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Getdanet1:
Lori,
I will be sending over a crack member of my staff to lend you a hand and ease your burdens
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/getdanet1/joltboy.jpg">
Dr Phil as a child in that picture
Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #7

Thank you.....

Quote:
Lori,
Oh Cripes. I can hardly look at that...
Been there... but not on purpose. I was trimming out a piece of sheetrock around an outlet box one time and the knife slipped and made contact... made a pretty spark and knocked the sheetrock knife out of my hand. Didn't bother me much, but damned near gave Ed a heart attack.
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #8

Thank you.....

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Lori:
Quote:
Lori,
Oh Cripes. I can hardly look at that...
Been there... but not on purpose. I was trimming out a piece of sheetrock around an outlet box one time and the knife slipped and made contact... made a pretty spark and knocked the sheetrock knife out of my hand. Didn't bother me much, but damned near gave Ed a heart attack.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #9

Thank you.....

After reviewing my medical book and consulting with my college's, my treatment is 1 dose of SHOCK therapy
Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #10

Thank you.....

Lori, we aim to please.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote