Hemi Truck Club banner

started the patch today...

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Ramsey88 
#1 ·
Tried quitting many times before but I'm determined to kick the habit this time. Don't want Lily to be around it, and I know it's bad for me.

#2 ·
Good luck to you. It was one of the hardest thing I have done in my life. But the patch wasn't around back then. It should help ease the pain. Just don't get hooked on the patch now. :facepalm:

That baby will be an amazing motivator for you. :thumb:

#5 ·
And you will start to really "taste" foods. That was the most amazing thing for me.
Another peace of unsolicited advice is stay away from situations that would normally cause to to crave a smoke. I know mine was after a meal and after a certain very enjoyable act. :brows: Hard to stay away from these activities. But just be aware of what triggers the craving and replace it with something healthy. :thumb:

#6 ·
Thanks all for the support :) My wife said she's confiscating my keys every night so I won't be tempted to go out while she's sleeping lol. If I start craving real bad the truck needs a good washing...

#7 ·
I used the electronic cigarette, didn't really use it, but if it was in my pocket or around me I was fine no craving, If I left it at home or work played on my mind.
Not had 1 for about 3 years now. I also put the money I would have spent in a jar, it's amazing how much you save.
Good luck hope it goes well.

#8 ·
Pretty much what I did. Called it my incentive Jar. Money for that Carton of smokes went into the jar every week. Every week! My entire truck was built from that jar of money that would have gone up in smoke. Thousands, no tens of thousands of dollars. Serious!

A pack of Sugarless gum took care of that oral fixation. Took many years to kick that need. No patch. Just do it. For you, for your family, for your MOD Money. :D

#12 ·
well, the first day went pretty well, didn't have any real cravings. These patches seem to help keep me from getting ill and aggravated. Thanks for the support fellas! Here's hoping day 2 goes as good as day 1 lol

#14 ·
Kudos to you for trying!! You can do this.

I have a suggestion ... go buy some food grade cinnamon sticks. Get the freshest ones you can find (usually in a jar in the spice section of the grocery store). Chew on one when you have the urge.... it's s strong flavor, keeps your mouth busy gives you awesome breath and is great distraction.

#16 ·
Thanks for the idea, Janet. I havent even needed to chew gum or anything yet, kinda surprising. And Doug, do I need to put my name back under my Username? Lol

#17 ·
Ryan, be prepared, week 2 will sneak up on you and try to derail your progress. That was also when people didn't like being around me. Have that patch ready for then. :thumb:

#19 ·
Ryan-
Congratulations on quitting. I quit many years after 15 years of puffing. I used the patch along with a doctor prescribed drug that kept my anxiety at bay. The two working together was a huge advantage for me. I didn't think to plan ahead and put my smoking money in a jar, but oh well. Keep the faith, brother. If I can do it, so can you.

#20 ·
Today marks a fortnight since I've had a cigarette. Even with the patches I've still had some rough times but I haven't jumped off the wagon yet lol. How long should I wait until adding the "I Quit!" badge in my sig?

#22 ·
I never smoked, but chewed for about 14 years. It was by far the hardest thing I ever did to quite. Not to be a downer but I still had cravings after four years. I have been clean now for over 15 years. You will know when you are done. Hang in there....

Reactions: Ramsey88
#23 ·
4 and a half years ago I tried the electronic cigarette suggested by Mr.Hemi. I ordered one online and once I took my first vape (puff) on it, I have not touched a cigarette since. I am still vaping my electronic cigarette though and enjoying it every single day. It is completely harmless unlike cigarettes that have over 4,000 chemicals and more than 60 of those are cancer causing. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever and I've saved over $5,000.00 a year. Vaping costs me about .50 cents a day.

Best thing I ever did. Whatever you do, do NOT reach for a cigarette if you reach that point. Try an electronic cigarette if you must and you may not be disappointed.

Good Luck on your success in quitting!!!

#24 ·
I tried an ecig a while back, seemed like I would only get a handful of hits before it just quit working. So I gave up on em. So far so good though, didn't even want one today. And thanks again everyone for your kind words and support!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.