SRT 10 Dana 60 question - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

I have a SRT Dana 60 in my truck and I am considering a change from the stock 4.56 gear to a 4.10 but the shop has suggested that I need to replace the complete diff because a 4.10 gear won't fit the stock 4.56 differential. Is there a special Dana 4.10 gear that I can buy that will fit the diff I have?

Doug

DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

I have a SRT Dana 60 in my truck and I am considering a change from the stock 4.56 gear to a 4.10 but the shop has suggested that I need to replace the complete diff because a 4.10 gear won't fit the stock 4.56 differential. Is there a special Dana 4.10 gear that I can buy that will fit the diff I have?

Doug
Old 10-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #3

There is a real good chance that they are correct.

If you look at any posi or locker for that Dana 60 almost all of them will list 4.10 and down or 4.56 and up so there is a difference.

If you choose to buy one from somewhere other than that shop make sure you get the right one. Not all of the brands on Summit list which gear ratio yet they have two products for the same application.
2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / Night Runner 22"s / Auburn limited slip / 2-4 Drop/ Edelbrock mid-length headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Racing Underdrive / Trango Shift kit / Edge Racing TC / Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock / EVS II with Sentry key and remote start / Alpine, Orion, and Kicker custom stereo / SilverStar headlights and foglights / Optima Yellow Top / AEM Wideband in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner

Bill_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #4

Interesting point. That certainly adds to the cost of a gear change if there isn't an aftermarket option.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #5

Yeah it changes the price for sure. A trac-loc which is about the same as LSD will run around $300, for a Detroit Locker its about $600.

With that the gears and an install kit you are probably looking at close to $600 on the low end just in parts.
2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / Night Runner 22"s / Auburn limited slip / 2-4 Drop/ Edelbrock mid-length headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Racing Underdrive / Trango Shift kit / Edge Racing TC / Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock / EVS II with Sentry key and remote start / Alpine, Orion, and Kicker custom stereo / SilverStar headlights and foglights / Optima Yellow Top / AEM Wideband in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner

Bill_L is offline   Reply With Quote