Smart Phone Junkie!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I believe there should be a 12 Step Program for Smart Phone Junkies, because now...I am one! Yup! I hate to admit it...I got rid of my "Toy" cell phone in lieu of an Android device after exhaustive research to pick the right one (In my case, lower SAR and one for hearing impaired). Fortunately, I am not a "Hardcore Smart Phone Junkie". You know the ones...Walking across a street without looking both ways, watching a movie in a theater and surfing the net on the smart phone and the best for last...Driving and looking at their smart phones at the same time. Nope! I won't do it...It's just not going to happen with me. My biggest reason, to own one, is to keep up with my e-mails and my favorite WEBsites, like HTC, when I am staying a night, or two, or three in a motel. My first experience with it will happen, in a few days, when we pack the bags for Colorado.

Lately, I am getting into apps and widgets. Those little programs that are made specifically for your smart phone. So far I made mine into a measuring tape, on the road junk food calorie counter, a bible, added an app for city caller ID, added an app about Schnauzers (I have two of em), a route planner, an elevation map and a app to map distance so to be sure I don't short change myself, six miles a day, if I decide to walk to Texas. So far I have checked everything and anything about the HEMI. Nothing. Games? I am really trying to stay away from the game apps.

So, do you own a smart phone? Have a favorite app?

Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I believe there should be a 12 Step Program for Smart Phone Junkies, because now...I am one! Yup! I hate to admit it...I got rid of my "Toy" cell phone in lieu of an Android device after exhaustive research to pick the right one (In my case, lower SAR and one for hearing impaired). Fortunately, I am not a "Hardcore Smart Phone Junkie". You know the ones...Walking across a street without looking both ways, watching a movie in a theater and surfing the net on the smart phone and the best for last...Driving and looking at their smart phones at the same time. Nope! I won't do it...It's just not going to happen with me. My biggest reason, to own one, is to keep up with my e-mails and my favorite WEBsites, like HTC, when I am staying a night, or two, or three in a motel. My first experience with it will happen, in a few days, when we pack the bags for Colorado.

Lately, I am getting into apps and widgets. Those little programs that are made specifically for your smart phone. So far I made mine into a measuring tape, on the road junk food calorie counter, a bible, added an app for city caller ID, added an app about Schnauzers (I have two of em), a route planner, an elevation map and a app to map distance so to be sure I don't short change myself, six miles a day, if I decide to walk to Texas. So far I have checked everything and anything about the HEMI. Nothing. Games? I am really trying to stay away from the game apps.

So, do you own a smart phone? Have a favorite app?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
No smart phone for me. Not sure I could operate one and if I could I would be afraid of turning into one of those folks that can't breath without looking at their phone first. I've been in a room with people across from each other texting instead of talking. No wonder our people skills are going down the tubes.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I know what you guys are saying. Just that, when I said my last phone was a "Toy" cell phone, I meant exactly that. There are a few benefits having this device over and above a regular cell phone...Like hearing my callers again. A quantum leap to say the least. I did my level best to escape the cell world forever. My wife insisted that I better have one in case she needed me for something. I kept my last cell turned off more than on. It really wasn't worth carrying around if I was going to say "Huh" every other caller's sentence. Even my wife understood as I would often hand my old cell to her to listen to the caller and she would strain to hear. It was frustrating! Just excited over my new piece. As far as having it permanently attached to my left hand...Well that will never happen. I just thought that "It would be nice to stay in touch with HTC and watch the sheep races" since there is a strong possibility I will be out and about often in the coming months.

Still opened to app suggestions...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #6

Garage
I like my Android..My favorite is the GPS tracker so I know exactly where my kids say they are not...It's so funny to tell them where they actually are...

But the best feature is being able to get on the HTC site when you have to attend a boring meeting at work...

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #7

I've had 3 versions of the iPhone since 2008. I got my iPhone 5 last month, and I'm really happy with it. I am one of the super junkies, I am addicted to the dang thing. The only thing I refuse to do is surf/text while I drive. My car has Bluetooth, so I don't even have to hold the phone to my ear. That was a must have when I bought the car. I had it in my '12 Ram too, and it was great. My favorite/most used app, is by far Facebook. That's another thing I'm addicted to.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #8

Garage

Gila Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
Director Emeritus

Garage
I have a HTC Thunderbolt... and couldn't live without it! I'm actually using it now as a mobile hotspot for the laptop
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Greg

Garage
Last year I got an Android, it didn't work out. Everytime I went to use it the battery was dead. It had a life of it's own and only used me to keep it charged so it could continue to communicate with whoever it talked to. I now have a Black Berry Gobal that works good to a point. It has an additional SIMS slot so I can use it overseas on local networks. But they are all the same as you become more dependent on them they will finally let you down. Mine decided to lock itself permanently. Went to the store and asked them if they could help, no problem. They fired the old girl up and it and all of it's saved information was gone. Let me ask one question, how many of you know the numbers you call daily?

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote